“Very nice place”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 10 May 2013 via mobile

I have eaten in this place more then 30 times last year ... And that still will recommend this to anyone who fancies a Curry.

Reviewed 6 May 2013

Having eaten a lot of Indian food in my short but varied experiences i was not disappointed. We got a takeaway as we didn't fancy eating out on this occasion. I had the chicken tikka massala and Hannah had the chicken korma with all the extras such as naan bread, poppadoms and chapatis with beautiful pilau rice. Next time we are in Lyme we will definately try eating in.

Reviewed 15 April 2013

I ate here on my first visit to Lyme and nothing would induce me to go back. I travelled around India some years ago and I don't recognise the food here as being on the same planet let alone from the same country's cuisine. I'm always deeply suspicious of places with a big choice of things on the menu and this one pretty well guarantees that little attention is given to any particular dish. The room is also stuffy and badly designed and not at all pleasant to sit in. A mystery is that the place is usually busy - largely with people who like to eat at 6 o'clock in the evening. The saving grace is that you can bring your own booze - so at least you can drink well.

Reviewed 13 April 2013

Busy little restaurant, even mid week. Not overly spicy, but a good selection of choice on the menu. Very clean and tidy inside. I'd go back.

Reviewed 9 April 2013

It is a bit like a cattle market. We came for a table at a reasonable hour and then came back and then had to sit and wait. We were then stuffed next to another couple so not very romantic.

That said the food was good, a little on a dry side and not the best Indian I had tasted but for this sort of rural location lets not be picky it was good food and plenty of it which I enjoyed.

You had to provide your own wine, which you find out when you have already sat down! Not good.

Service friendly and quick.

Big issue is very, very, very busy!!!!! Need more Indians in Lyme Regis!