“A delightful experience”

Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We visited for a family meal on Thursday of half term last week of May. Service was excellent, food delicious. The menu, whilst not extensive, had something for everyone and children were well catered for. A lovely ambience without being intimidating, we felt we had been for a grown up meal even with children involved. Prices are equivalent to gastro pubs in the south east so a little more than expected but well worth it. We would definitely return for another visit when we are in the area.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

We came and had an evening meal here on a Saturday night when we had a family birthday weekend in nr by Charmouth. The service was excellent, good selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks. The starters were really tasty, I had a crab/lobster Linguini main which was honestly so lovely. I've eaten at some fabulous restaurants in Italy and this matches even that. The pudd we shared was fantastic, we walked out feeling full to the gunnells and very satisfied. Will definitely eat here again if we visit, it wasn't even that busy either on a Saturday night which is not an indictaion of the food by the way. They have fresh food on the specials board - everyone on the table had different mains and all were packed full of flavour & were very fresh. Go, you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Had a lovely afternoon in Lyme which was topped of by a visit to this amazing restaurant, it looks fairly unassuming from the outside, tucked away in one of Lyme's pretty backstreets, the welcome is warm and genuine, with staff who are clearly knowledgeable about the menu.
The food seems to be local and seasonal, and very fresh.
I ordered 'the catch of the day', in this case, Grey Mullet. This was the best piece of fish I have ever eaten. Cooked to perfection, it was on a bed of spring onion mash, also delicious.
My wife had the lamb, which really did 'melt in the mouth', it was amazingly tender and delicious. The smoked celeriac, which accompanied the lamb was also extremely good.
My Mum, who's birthday celebration this was, had the Cod and chips, which, I can assure you was no ordinairy fish 'n' chips!
I cannot wait to return.

1  Thank Ferrari296
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Having just returned from Lyme Regis we had 2 evening meals at the Millside Restaurant.
We discovered this place last year and made it our first 'port of call' this year. It has a very friendly atmosphere and the staff are very knowledgeable about the menu and keep you informed every step of the way as to how your meal is going. Food was excellent on both occasions, congratulations to the chef, you have got it exactly right and believe you me I am very fussy.
If you want an evening meal in a very relaxing friendly restaurant and of course with excellent food - this is the place to be, we will definitely return next year. Well done!

1  Thank LESLEY S
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I recently stayed in Lyme Regis with a friend and had several meals in restaurants. The Millside Restaurant was head and shoulders above the others we tried. We had a vegetarian starter of goats cheese, roasted beetroot, beetroot purée, smoked walnuts, mixed leaves and yogurt. It was absolutely delicious. For the main course one of us had Lyme Bay grilled cod fillet, triple cooked chips, crushed peas, and homemade tartare sauce, while I had Chargrilled butternut squash, roasted fennel and steamed spinach terrine, white bean purée and triple cut chips. The atmosphere, service and food were all excellent and I would heartily recommend this restaurant.