“Good local food with friendly service”

The Millside Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 80 Restaurants in Lyme Regis
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
UK
“Good local food with friendly service”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Family meals out are really enhanced when the service is friendly and food good. Good restaurant, off the street but in the arms of the Old Mill. Worth a visit, the local lobster linguine was very good, wine varied and not over priced.

• Visited August 2014

Ashbourne, United Kingdom
“First Class!”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

If your taste is for nice things this restaurant ticks the boxes; we booked two days in advance and sat outside, the food and service was flawless. Very popular establishment so I would recommend you do the same - you won't be disappointed!

Bath, England, United Kingdom
“Super delicious!”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Loved our dinner outside on the little terrace here, just beside the excellent restored working Water Mill in the heart of Lyme Regis. Run by a lovely, friendly couple (wife, front of house, husband chef) we had such a good evening, even if it started drizzling towards the end. My main was altered as I wished, even though it was busy, nothing was too much trouble. I had fresh lobster (caught by her brother that morning!) and my husband had the grey mullet - all wonderful. Will definitely dine here again.

Visited July 2014
haywards heath
“Lovely Secluded Restaurant”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I came across this restaurant whilst exploring Lyme Regis on a weekend break with my wife. It is situated behind the main street in a secluded courtyard and looked very peaceful welcoming in the early evening sunshine so we made a booking for later that night. We returned half an hour or so before our booking and chose to sit on the patio whilst sharing a bottle of wine and making our choices from the menu. The waitress was very helpful in explaining the choices and advised us that there may be a short wait as all the food is freshly prepared. Our food was very well presented, of an excellent quality and the staff were both friendly and courteous without being intrusive. You will certainly find cheaper restaurants in Lyme Regis however at £70 for three courses and wine, we thought it was good value. I will certainly make it my first choice if we return to the area.

1 Thank tim e
switzerland
“What a pleasure”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Some say that there are no affordable and good English restaurants with. Well the Millside has proven the opposite. You will find cheaper places of course but this restaurant was worth every pound.
It was a warm evening just perfect to sit on the small and very cosy terrace. It has a very friendly atmosphere and the staff are very knowledgeable about the menu and (not self-evident) about the wine. Both starter and main were delicious but my personal highlight was my dessert: A selection of local cheese (supplied from the local cheesemonger). I'm loving it..........