“Wish I didn't live 230 miles away!”

The Millside Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 81 Restaurants in Lyme Regis
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Manchester
“Wish I didn't live 230 miles away!”
Reviewed 25 August 2010

Have just returned from a week in lyme regis and disappointingly only discovered The Millside in our final hours!! We had lunch there before returning 'up north!'

The 1st thing that attracted me was the childrens menu - after a week of something and chips I was delighted to discover a childrens menu that was simply smaller versions of the adult menu! Having said that, my son chose Ham, Eggs and chips! But this was beautiful hand carved ham, free range egg and hand cut chips! He chose a scoop of local ice cream for pudding - the childrens menu was approx £6-7 I think - amazing quality.

I chose Pork belly with black pudding mash - which the mash was unavailable and was only plain mash - but it was the best mash I have tasted in my life!! My Mum had lemon sole - both were the daily special and top quality.

The choice of food was exceptional - on top of this was outstanding service - from the moment I stuck my head through the door and received a cherry "hello" to leaving, the waitress was perfect! She had fantasic knowledge of the menu, and when we complimented the mash and mentioned we had no idea why it tasted sooo good - she returned 5mins later with the Chefs recipe! (it's all in the whisking and ground white pepper!)

The drinks choice was wide - just ahead of a long journey I only looked at soft drinks, of which there was a lovely choice. The wine list looked comprehensive.

Mum's Lemon Sole was a Special and was £18.50 - a huge portion and supreme quality. My Pork Belly was £12.00 and had a super generous pork portion! The desserts were all £5 and were hard to choose between! I had Lemon tart (to die for!) and Mum had strawberries and clotted cream!

My ownly disappointment was not staying in Lyme long enough to be able to return for dinner on another day!!

Somerset, uk
“Lovely at The Millside”
Reviewed 10 August 2010

We recently had a wonderful meal at the Millside. First of all it was a gorgeous evening so we sat outside and enjoyed a lovely cold glass of wine on their delightful terrace. We then went into the restaurant which is styled with White tablecloths and intimate but still laid back.

The waitress was a lovely girl, who knew about the produce and made you feel very welcome. I had Local mackrel to start and then Slow roasted belly pork with Black Pudding mash potato and it was to die for.

It has recently been taken over and I understand the old owners did not do the place justice so if you went prior to June 2010 you should go back as you won't be disappointed.

wells, somerset
“A memorable lunch”
Reviewed 14 July 2010

We've just had a memorable lunch at the Millside. Superb fish - lemon sole and cod- and great vegetables, washed down by an excellent bottle of macon villages, plus rhubarb crumble for pudding! Very fresh fish, cooked simply without fancy adornment. The lunch and outside seating became quite crowded, but the staff were very friendly and flexible in putting people in the dining room as well. The sandwiches seemed popular as did the soup. When we asked the waitress how long they had been open, she said they had only taken over a few weeks previously. We will certainly be back.

“Brilliant”
Reviewed 4 September 2009

Poplulat restaurant so need to book - excellent service and food