“Avoid this restaurant”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 1 August 2013

The service here was appalling and unprofessional had to wait a long time before our order was taken despite it being quiet our starter plates were left on the table for the entire meal despite numerous waitresses walking past. Our table was dirt, paint scrapping of the walls and generally badly decorated. Extremely limited and overpriced wine list, the pizza i ordered was bland and under cooked and the waitress was wearing very little. By far the worst restaurant i have ever eaten at in Lyme Regis.

Reviewed 30 July 2013 via mobile

I came here with family 2 years ago. Loved it. First restaurant we tried this year. Much the same. Nice atmosphere. Great food - especially pizzas. Above average! The garlic bread I used to die for - on ciabatta bread was cold this time - a shame. The food and venue is great. Do go but be prepared for slack service at times. Worth it though and great location. I would go again. A few tweaks and this restaurant could be exceptional .

Reviewed 13 July 2013

Ate in the Lyme Bay with a group of friends back in March.

This was following a burglary at the restaurant and therefore stock of ingredients, produce and drinks was very limited. Why open when the majority of dishes on the menu are unavailable? Baffling.

My food, pizza, was underwhelming.

The premises are grotty, not original & could do with updating. Especially the outdoor toilet, which was far from hygienic, with a dirty towel to dry clean hands.

Service was good and staff friendly, but if I have my way, I won't head back.

Reviewed 12 July 2013

Wandered round Lyme Regis on a Monday night when many restaurants were closed. Wanting Pizza we went in and were ushered to a back room where we were left for 10 minutes until I went to the bar and reminded the waitress that we were waiting for a drink. We enjoyed playing the cards left on the table. Were they there because diners always have to wait for 20 minutes before their order is taken? The young waiter was very pleasant and apologetic about the delay. Clearly there are staffing issues. But when the meals eventually arrived there were only the 3 pizzas. My husband and I had to wait for a further 10 minutes for our meals. One of our worst restaurant experiences ever. But the pizzas were good!

Reviewed 27 June 2013

Have visited many times over last few years.Food usually ok,young inexperienced seasonal staff means service is varied. Some better guidance,training would improve restaurant atmosphere?Pizza base was not as good as previous on occassions. House wine red not available.alternative offered to us £10 more ,no offer on price reduction .