“Held interest, despite the wild weather!”

Literary Lyme Walking Tours
Ranked #5 of 7 Tours in Lyme Regis
More attraction details
Owner description: Cruise, Coach & Walking Tours Walking Tours include: Jane Austen, Broadchurch, Mary Anning, French Lieutenant's Woman. Custom tours for all needs.
Hereford, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Held interest, despite the wild weather!”
Reviewed 19 April 2013

I'd highly recommend Natalie's walks. We were a large group who did the Jane Austen walk. It was fascinating. Natalie held us in rapt attention, despite the wild and wet weather. I'm a regular visitor to Lyme but even I saw new things and learned lots that I didn't know. Natalie has an easy style of putting across just the right information, in just the right way; being entertaining and informative. Must do the Mary Anning and John Fowles' walks next - and maybe even the new Broadchurch one!

Visited April 2013
1 Thank LadyMalvern

Verwood, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Jane Austen Tour April 13th”
Reviewed 18 April 2013

Despite rather wild and wet weather, Natalie led us on a fascinating tour of Lyme. We are all interested in Jane Austen's novels and were familiar with her links to Lyme Regis. However, Natalie expertly filled in details and exploded a couple of myths with her knowledge of Lyme's historical as well as literary connections.

Many thanks indeed.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Maggie S
London, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Wonderful walks”
Reviewed 7 April 2013 via mobile

I think we picked the coldest weekend possible to visit Lyme Regis but despite that found ourselves bundled up and walking around with Natalie from Literary Lyme. We went on the Mary Anning walk and really enjoyed it. Natalie was full of interesting tales about this fascinating woman and Lyme itself. On the Sunday Natalie organized a Jane Austen walk for us. One of our reasons for visiting Lyme was to learn more about the time Jane spent in Lyme Regis along with it how it influenced her work. Natalie did not disappoint. Her knowledge and passion were infectious. Definitely recommend a walk with Litery Lyme to anyone visiting Lyme Regis.

Visited March 2013
Houston
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“A must do ! Mary Anning Walking Tour review”
Reviewed 7 April 2013

I would first like to thank Natalie, our tour guide, for accommodating our available date as we were traveling from the US. It was an amazing afternoon with a kind, informative, engaging tour guide. What I personally enjoyed most about Natalie's tour was the background support she gave to her information. If it was town "legend" she advised us, and supported the facts of Mary Anning's life with other documented events of the time. I also found it interesting how much of a part Mary's brother played in her life.
Regardless of the type of tour you choose, they are well researched and enjoyable. The town itself is breathtaking. Be sure if you plan to want to do some fossil hunting that you investigate what time high tide is and allow yourself plenty of time in the morning.

This is an excellent, professional presentation that I highly recommend!

Visited March 2013
Winchester, United Kingdom
“Wonderfully informative, a morning well spent!”
Reviewed 25 February 2013

I have visited Lyme Regis on a number of occasions over the past few years, always meaning to find out more about the locality but never actually quite getting around to it!
I booked the tour as a last minute decision but the person running the tour was extremely accommodating. It was actually one of the most enjoyable mornings I have spent in Lyme, I had no idea there was so much to see! The tour guide was extremely knowledgeable about the area and was able to answer all of my questions however random! I saw a “Banksey” mural which I never even knew was there! It certainly cheered up a miserable rainy February morning and became the highlight of my visit.
Highly recommended and excellent value for money. An experience not to be missed for anyone, old or young.

Visited February 2013