“excellent as usual”

Cuisines: European, British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Came here again for dinner when we visited Lyme for the second time. As usual the food & service was excellent.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

After a long journey around Cornwall and Devon me and wife and children stopped to have some dinner at what looked like a charming Dorset seafront restaurant. The waitress appeared at first to be very attentive and polite, but when we found a large piece of plastic wrapper in our young daughters steak and kidney pie she dismissed it in quite an uncaring manner. I offered to pay just 3 pounds less than the full price, I feel it would have been just to have been offered a reduction of the full 10 pounds cost of her meal, instead the waitress and the very rude boss got quite nasty about it. I do not recommend this place at all. The attitude they revealed is that they do not care about their customers and rely on the fact that most custom is seasonal and probably don't return..... Very bad business and hospitality. bad vibes. :(

2  Thank Junket_Instructor
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We always come here for a drink and a snack here on holiday. It is right in the middle of Lyme Regis and the service is friendly and efficient. Also they were very helpful when one of our party spilt a drink and they cleaned it up and replaced it straight away.

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

The setting is lovely, wonderful old building and friendly attentive staff. Unfortunately this is all let down by the bland food. It is cooked well. If you order vegetables with your main it's peas and carrots and desert was shop bought which I suspected was from Tesco up the road.

I gave them this feedback, but didn't feel there was any motivation to get me to go back.

1  Thank RDStruthers
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We went to Lyme with two of our grandchildren for the day we had a great time on the beach and afterward rather than have fish and chips on the beach which we sometimes do went for a wonder . we like the menu so went inside, lovely welcome of children and had a nice selection of food for them there was as specials board my wife had a crab salad which filled the plate I had a steak and kidney pie all home made and you could tell by the way the pastry was the whole team were making sure we were OK all the time but not over the top all pudding home made as well we will be going back to eat there.
Value,home cooked food and children welcome what more could you ask for