“What a find”
Review of Harry Tates - CLOSED

Harry Tates
Cuisines: Seafood, Spanish, British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Harry Tate's is ideally positioned to enjoy the views over Lyme Bay and the Cobb. A fantastic sun terrace provides the ideal venue for continental breakfast, light lunch or romantic dining 'al fresco' Seating 25 inside and 25 on the sun terrace.
West Midlands
“What a find”
Reviewed 15 September 2013

We had just arrived in Lyme Regis and needed a light lunch and having been told by several hotels that they only served the usual cooked Sunday lunches we walked along Marine Parade and spotted Harry Tates.

We were greeted by pleasant, friendly staff and shown to a table on the terrace with a wonderful view of the beach. We had a superb, very relaxing lunch and they coped admirably and without any fuss with my food allergy.

We will certainly return next time we are in the area. What a find

1 Thank royshereturn

Berkhamsted, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 14 September 2013

On the positive side there are great views from the outside tables and the service was good on the (not busy) night we had dinner there.
The food was disappointing after the reviews we had read. Our calamari starter was a generous portion but mostly batter and what squid there was was overcooked. Our mains were not unpleasant but rather tasteless and my fish dish had veggies which I suspect were from frozen. The seafood paella was bland.
For a wine bar the wine list was very short.
So nothing terrible but we wouldn't return.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank brianberkhamsted
Birmingham
“Good & Bad makes me feel sad”
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I love food and had heard this was a good restaurant so though I would give it a go the welcome was good and we got to sit outside.

The starters were very good and very big portions white bait was so fresh and the flavour was amazing if you just went for the starters they were good.

The mains unfortunatly weren't I got very excited when I saw Kataplana on the menu as it is one of my favourites and a fish one I thought great unfortunatly it was a big dissapointment.

They had put a perfume flavoured balsamic vinegar in it which over powere everything and ruined what should have been a great dish. The other mains on the menue might have been better but we both had the same so could not judge on anything else. The portion size was big for the main I mean too big really for a rice dish could have been 1/2 the size if the food is good you don't need a massive dish to get value for money make the dish taste good and people will be happy.

I think this is more tourist focused and as long as you order the standard menue food it is good but order specials and not so good as they are not used to cooking it.

For low price and tourist food it is one of the nicer ones in the area.

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“great recomendation from tripadvisor”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Although the menu was not massive the food came piping hot,very tasty and really good quality served by friendly staff.

Visited August 2013
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Hiding In Plain Sight”
Reviewed 25 August 2013

This Tapas restaurant is tucked away on the 1st floor up a stairway and surprisingly few people seemed to find it. This is despite its prime location with a terrace overlooking Monmouth beach. We arrived at 12:0 and the waitress unfurled a giant parasol which was very welcome after a morning on the beach. The food was excellent value and the service faultless and friendly. We did not sample the tapas menu but went for the "English" lunch options which are priced from around £7 for mains.