“The one to do”

Harry May Boat Trips
Ranked #2 of 7 Tours in Lyme Regis
More attraction details
Owner description: One hour mackerel fishing trips leave Lyme Regis harbour all day long.Adults £10 Children £8.Come and catch your supper whilst cruising along the Jurassic Coast.Also available are three hour deep sea fishing trips from 830 to 1130am,£25 ahead including rod and bait.
Reviewed 19 June 2011

We have always had a great time fishing with Captain Harry, both with adults and children. Great fun catching and being shown by Harry how to prepare the fish. Always seems to be able to find some to land on the boat. The children loved preparing, cooking and sitting round the barbecue to eat the catch! This should definitely be at the top of the list of "Lyme Regis things to do". Harry is great fun and full of local knowledge about places to eat and other things to do as well. All round a great ambassador for Lyme Regis.

2  Thank drew-cm

Reviewed 18 June 2011

A wonderful way to spend an hour or two ,Harry had infinate patience with the children resulting in everybody going home with a catch, cant wait to come again

Reviewed 18 June 2011

This is a must do if visiting Lyme Regis. I have been going on family holidays to Lyme Regis since I was a child and this was always (and still is!) the highlight of the trip. I have been both mackerel fishing and deep sea fishing and not once come away not wanting to get straight back on the boat.
Harry is friendly and helpful on the boat, and will always do his best to ensure you come home with a good catch. He will even prepare the fish so all you have to do is cook and enjoy! Its a good way for children to learn as well, especially with the 'buzz' nowadays of how and where your fish comes from, there couldn't be a more sustainable way than to catch your dinner yourself!

Reviewed 17 June 2011

I've been visiting Lyme Regis with my family for over 35 years and not a year has gone by when we haven't had a boat trip with Harry! When the kids were small it was the highlight of their holiday and as teenagers they went out on the occasional deep sea trips. We never failed to come back with fresh mackerel for supper and Harry would organise it so that each child had their own string of fish to carry. If you don't feel like joining in the fishing you can sit back and enjoy the glorious scenery and make the most of the sea air. The children are now grown up but a boat trip is still an essential part of the Lyme Regis experience and I'm looking forward to my grandson being old enough to go too. Harry always remembers us and he feels like part of the family!

1  Thank janemsmith51
Reviewed 17 June 2011

We have been out regulary with Harry May and have always been pleased with the welcome and hospitality he always greets you with a friendly smile and usally knows where the fish are. I have been coming to lyme for 40 years always making a point of going out with him. And then taking my children and now my grandchildren out with him and always being pleased with the result .I would highly recommend a trip
Phil Smart Bath