“Never caught a fish before... Until today with Harry May!”

Harry May Boat Trips
Ranked #2 of 7 Tours in Lyme Regis
More attraction details
Owner description: One hour mackerel fishing trips leave Lyme Regis harbour all day long.Adults £10 Children £8.Come and catch your supper whilst cruising along the Jurassic Coast.Also available are three hour deep sea fishing trips from 830 to 1130am,£25 ahead including rod and bait.
Somerset, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Never caught a fish before... Until today with Harry May!”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

A fantastic family fishing trip. I'd never fished before and my son was scared of boats! Harry May made our trip stress free, relaxing and fun.
One hour later we had caught 16 mackerel! 5 of which I caught!
BBQ fish that we had caught ourselves made this a day to remember.

1 Thank Michelle D
harry3287, Owner at Harry May Boat Trips, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Hello Michelle
Well thank you for that very good review, i can feel you were delighted by the trip .......and catching your first five fish in your life! That was a great family outing and the likeness between your husband and Warren was amazing. Delighted to read that you all went on to have a family barbecue, thats the sort of occasion you don't forget in a hurry.
Thanks Michelle, very nice to meet you.

Verwood, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“School Fishing Trip”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

As part of our school's Coast Project we joined Harry May and Matt aboard their boats (the Harry May and Sunbeam) with 13 excited school children (aged 7 to 12) to fish for Mackerel. We boarded the boats and set off out of the harbour with the sun shining and the sea breeze in our hair. Harry and Matt were utterly charming and shared their knowledge of the sea and fishing with the children and a great time was had by all. We returned to shore an hour later, having watched 'magic shows' with the seagulls and with a haul of 48 mackerel to boot! The children were grinning from ear to ear and begging to go out again. This was a trip to be remembered and I can't wait to go fishing again with my own family on the Harry May.
We returned to school and cooked the Mackerel for our supper - delicious! Thank you Harry and Matt for providing the best part of my, and I suspect the children's, week!

Visited June 2014
harry3287, Owner at Harry May Boat Trips, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Well Vanessa what can I say after a review like that? Except maybe my boat is called Marie F not Harry May but I don't care what you call my boat after that.
I fell completely for the two lovely ladies you put on my boat, one manned the camera while I really needed the other one and had her running round because there was so much to do with looking after children and taking fish off hooks.....she was great and I'm so sorry to have forgotten her name.
I can assure you Matt and I love this sort of trip when the weather is good, the fish are feeding and the passengers get completely involved and scream with delight and your little angels certainly made a lot of noise.
Great stuff Vanessa.
Love
Vancouver, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Afternoon of the Entire Trip”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Coming from someone who works amongst sixty cadavers, I can only say, "I've never seen so many dead bodies!" Harry absolutely made our afternoon, and trip to Lyme Regis. We came away with a tremendous haul, countless epic photos, and memories for years to come.

A seasoned, salty seadog, Harry was courteous and conscientious, with just the right amount of pirate.

Holy Mackerel!

1 Thank David M
harry3287, Owner at Harry May Boat Trips, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Well David, thank you VERY MUCH for that!
You were a brilliant party to take out and I'm glad you phoned me to take you out.
Bright, intelligent and all five of you were right on the ball.
I hope you had a great barbecue back at Monmouth Street I think it was.
And David........you managed to use the word ' cadavers ' and ' so many dead bodies ' in one TripAdvisor review.......well done!!
Good luck in your medical career.
Very best wishes
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A friendly (and productive) family fishing trip”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Phoned Harry after breakfast and arranged a fishing trip for five of us the same lunchtime. Harry is a lovely guy - very friendly and knowledgeable, he guided us to a good place for catching mackerel. We had plenty of fun and enough fish for lunch. Harry kindly filleted the fish for us and arranged for a local guy to fry them for our lunch on the beach. We can recommend Harry's fishing trips as a perfect way to enjoy a bit of fresh air and seagull acrobatics (!). An easy five ***** Harry!!! See you again soon :-)

1 Thank ValMark2014
“Father's Day trip”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Harry made a family Father's Day tip with friends a lovely day out and his knowledge and skills are amazing, we will definitely be back!! Thanks Harry.

1 Thank TeamRichy
harry3287, Owner at Harry May Boat Trips, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Ah TeamRichy you will be back because that was a nice little afternoon wasn't it. You were all a thoroughly nice bunch and we saved the day with a last minute flurry of fish.
Hope the barbecue went very well.
Love and best wishes