“Great fun” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Harry May Boat Trips

Harry May Boat Trips
Ranked #1 of 7 Tours in Lyme Regis
More attraction details
Owner description: One hour mackerel fishing trips leave Lyme Regis harbour all day long.Adults £9 Children £6.Come and catch your supper whilst cruising along the Jurassic Coast.Also available are three hour deep sea fishing trips from 830 to 1130am,£25 ahead including rod and bait.
London, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

A great sea fishing trip, loads of fish and Matt our skipper was brilliant. A must 'to do' in Lyme Regis and we'll definitely be back for more when our freezer full of fish has run out!

Visited July 2014

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“First fishing trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

I had my reservations about attempting fishing for the first time at sea, but was talked into it by a friend and I'm so glad I went! Harry was extremely friendly and made sure everyone knew what they were doing, and not only that I caught literally hundreds of fish!! (By hundreds I mean about 20 good size ones, but I have learnt fishermen like to exaggerate.... And the conditions are always perfect for what ever you want to catch...)!! I one hundred percent recommend going out with Harry and am planning to go again!!

Woking, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“First ever bass !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

I went out on the 29th June with Harry for a 3 hour deep sea trip. It was flat calm and warm weather and we went a few miles off Lyme. I have been fishing for about 15 years / since I was 8 and was very lucky on this trip to catch a 6lb Bass ! Exaggerations aside, it was so large it almost pulled me over the side of the boat and once landed nearly bit Harrys leg off. We also caught many big pouting which were very tasty, a black bream, many mackerel, a few scad and a dog fish. All in all, a superb and very memorable trip.

harry3287, Owner at Harry May Boat Trips, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Well Hello Jack,that is excellent ,thank you, what a fine fish and what a total surprise!
Have you eaten it yet? Special occasion?
Your dad must be so proud.....and very envious!
Wonderful
Cheers
Harry
Somerset, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Never caught a fish before... Until today with Harry May!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

A fantastic family fishing trip. I'd never fished before and my son was scared of boats! Harry May made our trip stress free, relaxing and fun.
One hour later we had caught 16 mackerel! 5 of which I caught!
BBQ fish that we had caught ourselves made this a day to remember.

1 Thank Michelle D
harry3287, Owner at Harry May Boat Trips, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Hello Michelle
Well thank you for that very good review, i can feel you were delighted by the trip .......and catching your first five fish in your life! That was a great family outing and the likeness between your husband and Warren was amazing. Delighted to read that you all went on to have a family barbecue, thats the sort of occasion you don't forget in a hurry.
Thanks Michelle, very nice to meet you.
Verwood, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“School Fishing Trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

As part of our school's Coast Project we joined Harry May and Matt aboard their boats (the Harry May and Sunbeam) with 13 excited school children (aged 7 to 12) to fish for Mackerel. We boarded the boats and set off out of the harbour with the sun shining and the sea breeze in our hair. Harry and Matt were utterly charming and shared their knowledge of the sea and fishing with the children and a great time was had by all. We returned to shore an hour later, having watched 'magic shows' with the seagulls and with a haul of 48 mackerel to boot! The children were grinning from ear to ear and begging to go out again. This was a trip to be remembered and I can't wait to go fishing again with my own family on the Harry May.
We returned to school and cooked the Mackerel for our supper - delicious! Thank you Harry and Matt for providing the best part of my, and I suspect the children's, week!

Visited June 2014
harry3287, Owner at Harry May Boat Trips, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Well Vanessa what can I say after a review like that? Except maybe my boat is called Marie F not Harry May but I don't care what you call my boat after that.
I fell completely for the two lovely ladies you put on my boat, one manned the camera while I really needed the other one and had her running round because there was so much to do with looking after children and taking fish off hooks.....she was great and I'm so sorry to have forgotten her name.
I can assure you Matt and I love this sort of trip when the weather is good, the fish are feeding and the passengers get completely involved and scream with delight and your little angels certainly made a lot of noise.
Great stuff Vanessa.