“What a lovely trip!!”

Harry May Boat Trips
Ranked #2 of 7 Tours in Lyme Regis
More attraction details
Owner description: One hour mackerel fishing trips leave Lyme Regis harbour all day long.Adults £10 Children £8.Come and catch your supper whilst cruising along the Jurassic Coast.Also available are three hour deep sea fishing trips from 830 to 1130am,£25 ahead including rod and bait.
Dorset, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What a lovely trip!!”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

My husband and I live in Bournemouth and usually go to Lyme Regis for a day out on a couple of occasions each summer. We have taken a sightseeing boat trip before and were ready to do the same again, however, the boat was full, Harry had a few spare places and suggested we may like to try our hand at Mackerel fishing. We spent a really lovely hour on the boat with Harry helping all of us to catch mackerel, we did catch a few, 3 for us, we were going to give them to someone else as we thought it would be a long hot trip home for them but Harry filleted the fish and told us where to get some ice from so they would be alright on the journey home, we felt like real hunter gatherers and took them home for tea. Thanks Harry, we shall be back again!

1 Thank Julia C
harry3287, Owner at Harry May Boat Trips, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
No more of this sissy sightseeing for you Julia, from now on its got to be fishing for supper I suspect! Thank you very much for taking the time to write the review and I'm really glad you and your husband enjoyed the trip so much, maybe next time you could bring a cold box?
I can usually point you in the direction of some ice for the journey home but as you are now a bit keen I think your own ice box would suit you as you both climb aboard.
Thank you again Julia.
Best wishes
Harry

Bristol, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Brilliant”
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Honestly, if you've never been deep sea fishing before and want to try I can't speak highly of this. A group of 7 of is went out with Matt, all having never been before, and it was excellent. Everything you need is on the boat, and the help and advice from Matt couldn't have been better, a great laugh too. For £25 I can't recommend this enough, he'll even gut and fillet your fish on the way back, all in the price. Wouldn't be worried about taking a beginner on these boats. 10/10

Broek in Waterland, The Netherlands
“Great experience”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

My wife and I went for a fishtrip with Harry May. When you are in the neighbourhood of Lyme Regis and planning on doing a mackerel fishtrip. Choose Harry May! We had a magnificent hour at sea. He was very friendly, humoristic and made my wife enthousiastic for fishing. He prepared our catch, me 1 and my wife 5, so that we could put it on the barbecue, the minute we came home at the campsite. Their taste was wonderful. Never ate such fresh fish. What more do you need? Good weather, good company and a lot of laughter. Thank you very much, Harry May! This was one of the highlights of our holiday!

Visited July 2014
harry3287, Owner at Harry May Boat Trips, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Thank you very much for that review, i remember this trip well, how most of the fish only went for one hook, the hook belonging to the lady!
So glad such a simple thing made a big impression on your holiday but when you cook what you have just caught its got to be good hasn't it.
Thanks again
Harry
Market Harborough, United Kingdom
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Must do fishing trip”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

What a great way to spend an hour. Our first ever fishing trip resulted in catching 4 mackrel. We had a great 'skipper', fantastic weather & loved every minute. Granted the sunshine was a bonus but our son would have loved it regardless. Would highly recommend a trip out to sea to catch mackrel on one of Harry's boats.

London, United Kingdom
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 76 helpful votes
“Thank you Harry for another great trip”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

You haven't been to Lyme unless you have been out mackerel fishing with Harry (or Matt)... both are super out on the sea. We have been out twice, two years in a row with a collection of 8 of our family ageing from 9 - 62 in age and both times were special for different reasons and with everyone enjoying it. Whether you catch nothing or 46 (our personal best in an hour) getting out on the sea, giving fishing a go and viewing the town from the sea - it's a must. Thank you Harry.