“Team concentration, team lazy and team over enthusiastic bag a big fat thirteen fishies!!”

Harry May Boat Trips
Ranked #2 of 7 Tours in Lyme Regis
More attraction details
Owner description: One hour mackerel fishing trips leave Lyme Regis harbour all day long.Adults £10 Children £8.Come and catch your supper whilst cruising along the Jurassic Coast.Also available are three hour deep sea fishing trips from 830 to 1130am,£25 ahead including rod and bait.
Leicester
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Absolutely brilliant trip for 6 intrepid travellers ranging from 5-43! We couldn't recommend this trip more highly. To have such fun and then get chance to eat what we caught later that evening was perfect!! Thanks so much Harry...we will be back! X

Visited July 2014
harry3287, Owner at Harry May Boat Trips, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
What a fine bunch you all were, it was truly a great pleasure to take you all out.........and you were all so enthusiastic!!!!! Even Team Lazy! Of course you all know that the leader of the gang is the boss of Team Enthusiastic......now that girl was really keen. Of course Team Concentration with its leader Sonia showed moments of brilliance and a total ability to ignore the other team member even though i suspect she gave birth to that child sometime recently, Sonia, this is what fishing at the sharp end is all about..........getting totally absorbed ....a child, do I have a child?
Thank you all three teams, i will not forget that hour!

“First time fishing”
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

And we weren't disappointed! After getting Harry's number from the Interweb we rang him early doors to see if we needed to book - after following his clear instructions we met him at his boat and ventured out to sea - our party of six ranging from 5 years to 43. We got into paired teams and Harry showed us how to launch our lines walking away to set up the second line with the words "you've already got one". It was so exciting that my team was called "team over enthusiastic" and my teenagers was "team lazy" and my friend "team concentration" between us hauling a massive 13 fish which, on Harry's advice we left at the local fishmonger for the fee of a pint of prawns. BBQ'ed the beasts tonight and they were delicious! We were also accompanied by one other family and a friendly seagull which apparently comes out on all the trips!

Dorset, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What a lovely trip!!”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

My husband and I live in Bournemouth and usually go to Lyme Regis for a day out on a couple of occasions each summer. We have taken a sightseeing boat trip before and were ready to do the same again, however, the boat was full, Harry had a few spare places and suggested we may like to try our hand at Mackerel fishing. We spent a really lovely hour on the boat with Harry helping all of us to catch mackerel, we did catch a few, 3 for us, we were going to give them to someone else as we thought it would be a long hot trip home for them but Harry filleted the fish and told us where to get some ice from so they would be alright on the journey home, we felt like real hunter gatherers and took them home for tea. Thanks Harry, we shall be back again!

1 Thank Julia C
No more of this sissy sightseeing for you Julia, from now on its got to be fishing for supper I suspect! Thank you very much for taking the time to write the review and I'm really glad you and your husband enjoyed the trip so much, maybe next time you could bring a cold box?
I can usually point you in the direction of some ice for the journey home but as you are now a bit keen I think your own ice box would suit you as you both climb aboard.
Thank you again Julia.
Best wishes
Harry
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Brilliant”
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Honestly, if you've never been deep sea fishing before and want to try I can't speak highly of this. A group of 7 of is went out with Matt, all having never been before, and it was excellent. Everything you need is on the boat, and the help and advice from Matt couldn't have been better, a great laugh too. For £25 I can't recommend this enough, he'll even gut and fillet your fish on the way back, all in the price. Wouldn't be worried about taking a beginner on these boats. 10/10

Broek in Waterland, The Netherlands
“Great experience”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

My wife and I went for a fishtrip with Harry May. When you are in the neighbourhood of Lyme Regis and planning on doing a mackerel fishtrip. Choose Harry May! We had a magnificent hour at sea. He was very friendly, humoristic and made my wife enthousiastic for fishing. He prepared our catch, me 1 and my wife 5, so that we could put it on the barbecue, the minute we came home at the campsite. Their taste was wonderful. Never ate such fresh fish. What more do you need? Good weather, good company and a lot of laughter. Thank you very much, Harry May! This was one of the highlights of our holiday!

Visited July 2014
harry3287, Owner at Harry May Boat Trips, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Thank you very much for that review, i remember this trip well, how most of the fish only went for one hook, the hook belonging to the lady!
So glad such a simple thing made a big impression on your holiday but when you cook what you have just caught its got to be good hasn't it.
Thanks again