“Good for a quick bite”

Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 4 March 2014

If you're wanting a quick bite to eat for lunch, do pop into the Good Food Store. Fresh, simple honest cooking - though you can also buy bread here and make up your own picnic. Good coffee too.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

This is a deli and a cafe and I must say I was very pleasantly surprised by my lunch here. Cafes on the front and the main drag often don't bother making much of an effort but here they obviously care about what they serve. Friendly too.

Reviewed 11 January 2014

This little eatery used to be very good, but something has changed and sorry, but not for the better!!

Very average bowls of soup, served by unfriendly and unsmiley staff. A smile costs nothing!

Tables not cleared or wiped down from previous diners, had to request this be done, and oh dear was it an effort!

And I totally agree with previous reviews, absurd to have no toilets, who wants to go out and look for a loo in the middle of a meal.

1  Thank E S
Reviewed 29 December 2013

I have never been to the Jurassic Coast before,found this Deli comfortable,great food and friendly staff.Quite why other people did not is beyond me!!!!!
Simply put,I would recommend it to my family and friends!
I am sure there are many other great places to eat out locally but this is suitably named The Good Food Store,It says what it does!
You decide?

1  Thank scarlets1136
Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

Firstly it still astounds me when I find a reasonably sized cafe with no toilet - surely if the place has more than a handful of seats a toilet is required - I had to walk down to a public toilet, in the rain whilst my tea went cold.

Secondly, pasties aren't difficult to do well, but this seemed too much for them. Lots of pastry (over cooked), very little filling. The sign for 'award winning pasties' was inside the door instead of outside, so perhaps they'd bought in some lesser pasties for the period between Christmas and New Year.

The atmosphere was average (although the music was terrible), and the tea was good - but how hard is a mug of tea?!

Shame, we expected more.