“Usually average to good however today was very poor!!”
Review of The Royal Standard

The Royal Standard
Ranked #19 of 81 Restaurants in Lyme Regis
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Somerset
“Usually average to good however today was very poor!!”
Reviewed 18 March 2012

Ordered a ham ploughman's and a roast Turkey dinner, I take into consideration it was a busy mothering Sunday however at no point were we told that there would be a long wait!! After about an hour and asking for the 3rd and final time we got our food. Not really a full plate of Sunday roast, some of the food was cold and not even any form of concern!! Won't be trying here again in the near future!!!

• Greek first
Wimborne
“Ok pub grub but could be better”
Reviewed 7 March 2012

My husband & I visited for lunch as an anniversary treat. We have had a drink there before and thought it looked quite pleasant.

We had a beef burger and chips which was absolutely excellent and a dressed crab with salad & new potatoes which was disappointing ( and not dressed!). It was a huge lump of average crab meat, not separated into dark and white meat, not that well seasoned.

The service was good and staff friendly.

• Visited March 2012
Bath, United Kingdom
“excellent food”
Reviewed 26 February 2012

visiting my sister who lives in lyme regis went for a meal in the royal standard excellent service from ben who my sister knows ordered gammon and egg well the gammon covered the plate loads of chips and salad absolutely lovely finished it all well the three of us did clean plates highly recommend it for a evening meal loads to choose from service brilliant eaten there a few times very good prices

• Visited February 2012
Southampton
“Disappointing visit with overpriced pasta dishes that failed to meet expectation”
Reviewed 24 October 2011

After a 12 mile hike across the Dorset coastal paths, we were looking forward to a nice lunch in a dog friendly venue. Have visited last 2/3 years ago and had a good experience so decided to revisit. This pub/ restuarant had not changed at all right down to the ancient old till! IThe place has a nice traditional laid back pub atmosphere. What was noticeable was that it was much quieter than on previous visits in spite of the fact it was good weather and the last weekend of the school holidays. On the plus side, the pub offers a wide variety of vegetarian options and daily specials. Although not veggies we opted for choices from the former: 3 bean chilli con carne and pasta in home made pesto. The chilli was priced at £10.95. For this my partner received a small to medium sized portion, with no side salad or bread. An unremarkable meal at an expensive price. My pasta was fine at the time if extremely oily and this did leave me with an upset stomach as the day went on. Overall a disappointing visit largely because we didn't feel we received good value for our money on this occasion. I noticed there was more competition around the area since my last visit- I would therefore give another venue a try next time.

• Visited September 2011