“Lunch with friends”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Oxfordshire, England
“Lunch with friends”
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Baked brie with lovely bread. Various Palmers beers on, all good. Nice place for lunch but gets busy. Or chocolate with marshmallows and cream is recommended.

• Greek first
“A freindly pub near to the Cobb”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

The pub is situated close to the beach. It offers an outside seating area which can be a sun trap. A good selection of meals on offer plus real ales and cider.

Visited May 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Delicious, but the servings were massive”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I visited the reastraunt and had a fry up (full English) everything on the plate was delicious but the plate was more than I eat in a day, I eat quite a lot. . . It would be 5 stars if the portions would be smaller - no fried bread either that's my favorite part of a fry up!!

UK
“Very Poor”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Impromptu visit to Lyme Regis was largely spoled by our visit to The Royal Standard. First we were overcharged for an item, should have been £11.95, but the waitress tried to charge £15.95, easily remedied. Food took over 50 minutes to be served, despite our chasing it twice, with the waitress advising they were 'very busy'. They didn't seem that busy, and in fact I counted only 4 meals being served in that 50 minutes. The portion for the mussels was really really small, and when my partner compained, she was told that there was 'nothing I can do about it'. I had a good portion, but my chips were cold.

I'll be avoiding in future.

1 Thank Matt G
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Royal standard should be re-Publican”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Oh such a shame Royal Standard.

After many years of travelling down too and enjoying Lyme, and thereafter looking forward to a decent Sunday lunch at the Standard I am wholly disappointed and surprised by the rubbish being served and the tired service provided

Toughen up.........we are not all older person cash-cows..laddened and.hardened.... ..just like the preprocessed frozen Sunday beef sorts we were served at £9.95

Shameful.. Cannot accept a complaint regardless as to whether the knife or any knife will cut through the mustard...what mustard?

And yes we were number 64 on Sunday 04/05. Two beef ,One child's meal and a Nachos....gone are the days of individual vegetable dishes to share I suppose......Gone ...I guess the need to have..........................................whatever

The Royal Standard - Bored staff engaging with bored customers - offering bored food off a stale menu..............................................................Just Boring

A fiver given in return to appease our complaint. Thank you