“Just awful!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of The Royal Standard

The Royal Standard
Ranked #15 of 80 Restaurants in Lyme Regis
Cuisines: Bar, Seafood, British, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, View, Bar Scene, Kids, Cheap Eats, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Just awful!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

I went in there thinking it was a nice looking and quaint pub, my mum ordered the food, tuna mayo baked potato and I had dressed crab baguette, they pre warned us that it would take 45 minutes we both ok because we haven't got much planned, but people ordered after us got their food first, and they had food like curry and lasagne so we thought that was a bit odd, we finally got ours 50minutes later........ Well the first bite in my baguette I thought this tasted odd.... The second bite I was nearly sick it tasted like something had gone off so my mum tried it and just said stop eating that it's not right she took my plate went to the staff, the staff took it away and came back and said there was nothing wrong with it, they would not replace it but even more shocking they refused to accept me choosing something else and they didn't even give the meal back nor my money I had only had 2 mouthfuls....... I was disgusted by the way I was treat.......... DO NOT EAT HERE!!!!!!! I am planning to report them that was gone off crab!!!!!!!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Roseaplane10

• Greek first
Crewkerne, United Kingdom
“Great Beer, Good Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Great selection of superb Palmers beers on offer, even more perfect when sipped with family and the dog in the garden overlooking the beach on a hot summers day. Food pretty good too and arrived quickly even though it was a busy lunchtime. Been here every time we've visited Lyme and will definitely call again. :)

“Go for the crab!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

We ate fresh crab with the best chips ever while drinking great beer as the sun set. A lovely pub in a great location. Friendly staff and brilliant food.

Visited June 2014
Lockerbie, United Kingdom
“Packed and for a reason”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

The food and atmosphere is great with a real mix of clientele and plenty of outside seating or inside if you don’t want the attack of the Lyme Regis Seagulls (there very big and are opportunistic thieves if you don’t watch out)everywhere you go.

The menu is very comprehensive with plenty to choose from with a plentiful choice of additional specials always but these do sell out later in the evening which demonstrated that they are fresh and popular dishes. We went all out and had a full Lobster and Crab between two and "OMG" there was so much meat we didn’t think we were going to leaving the place until the following day.

Overall a great experience and the staff are really helpful and friendly even though they are extremely busy all of the time – I never saw them stop from morning to night.

• Visited June 2014
“Great for a family meal- Pets also allowed :)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

We have a lovely family meal at the Royal Standard, and we were allowed to let our dog sit with us outside too. The vegetarian lasagne was lovely, but a bit on the small side. It was accompanied with garlic bread and a salad. Other members of my family had fish and chips which they said was great and the size of this dish was a lot better than mine. The desserts were excellent; we chose the chocolate brownie with custard, toffee pudding and bread and butter pudding. The price was also extremely reasonable compared to other restaurants on the sea front. A great place!

• Visited June 2014