The Old Black Dog
US$140
Cobb Arms(Lyme Regis)
  • Beachfront
TripAdvisor
All reviewstea roomsconescream teaclean decorhome madesitting roompatteasgelsgardenlymedevonjamcleanliness
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Exactly the type of B&B experience that I was after. Lovely and warm feeling to the place. More than ample parking, good location and an excellent breakfast. Room is fine, good sized bed and well stocked tea and coffee making facilities. Overall, very good value.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Stayed here for one night and it was just fine. The owners were very welcoming and offered us tea and coffee on arrival which was nice. It is easy to find. The room had a shower and bath and the bathroom was big. The room was also nice. Be aware though this is an "old school" B7B/guest house so it is not decorated in a contempory style. That said it is nice. The breakfast was cooked from fresh and big. Just what you want with plenty of tea/toast/coffee. We certainly had no complaints.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank BigDuke666
Reviewed 30 May 2012

The hosts, Pete and Pat, went the extra mile to ensure our stay was a wonderful one. I stayed in room 2, my mum in room 1 and we both found the condition of the rooms to be of an excellent standard. Each was furnished with those extra touches to make you feel at home; shower gel, shampoos, t.v., great selection of teas and coffees etc.

But much more than this the hosts were also on hand to talk about the local area, make recommendations and were amenable to us staying an extra night at very late notice.

Room Tip: Room 2 is set against the road and from 7am there's a gentle hum of traffic, very light sleepers should opt for one of the other rooms, although I slept soundly!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Fraser M
Reviewed 28 May 2012 via mobile

Very good hosts, nice room, great position just on the outskirts of Lyme Regis. I am a fussy git when it comes to food and our hosts catered for my needs and cooked my breakfast to perfection.
We walked down to the beach which takes about ten minutes on a nice walkway at the back of the B and B.
I am a bit of a moaner, and I have nothing to moan about.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed 6 November 2011

Don't stay here! I'm a big fan of B&Bs and usually enjoy the quirkiness of each establishment. The Old Black Dog however proved to be an exception to the rule. The rooms were poorly maintained and the staff rude beyond belief. I've experienced a few 'Basil Fawlty' types at B&Bs over the years, and they're fun in a peculiar way, but the owners at the Black Dog were offensive. I'm a regular visitor to Lyme Regis and have stayed at many other local B&Bs since, who offer a far better service. Save your money and go elsewhere!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family