“Super fresh food”

Ranked #4 of 83 Restaurants in Lyme Regis
Price range: US$4 - US$8
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Vintage inspired cafe serving teas, coffees, homemade lunches, scones, cakes and shakes! Relax with a cold drink in our sun-trap courtyard or sit inside foot tapping to rock'n roll! Our new American Diner bar is perfect for the kids to have their milkshakes. Dogs are welcome.
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Perfect for lunch, fresh and homemade. I had a delicious sweet potato fish and prawn pie, which I'm going to try and imitate at home, it was so yummy. My husbands peppered mackerel was perfect, and the salads so interesting, far more than the usual limp lettuce that is often served up in inferior establishments. Decor is great too!

1  Thank Effiejill

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Wonderful little Tea Shop serving breakfasts, lunches, high teas. Lovely customer service, accommodating to special dietary requirements and the coffees are extremely good.

Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

Visited for the first time after hearing only about its spoons with cakes on the end. Was delighted to find such a hidden treasure! Had tea for two served in colourful teapots and yes a spoon with a cake on the end, but my favourite bit was the milk jug in the shape of a cow! Also had two teacakes with very generous portions of butter and jam. This all came to just £6, (that morning I had paid £5.95 for a plastic cup of Orange juice and average cake at the hive in Burton bradstock) so great value and great experience. I will be back

1  Thank Lotty F
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

We visited based on the reviews on TripAdvisor and very pleased with our experience. The cafe itself hardly wows, with its decor, but the staff make up for it. We were greeted by Dorset's answer to Paloma Faith, a beautiful, friendly waitress who served us our cream teas with clotted cream and jam. The scones were divine, perfectly fresh. The coffee was also good quality. We also opted for the carrot and black treacle cake, which was beyond tasty.
Would definitely go back; visually not stunning, but the grub is good and staff make it an enjoyable experience.

4  Thank Sodyathen
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We went looking for Penny Blacks based on the reviews and were not disappointed, returning the day after. My children had the hot chocolate and chocolate fudge cake and they loved them. I had a salad and main off the specials board and it was delicious. Staff really friendly and visitors to the town were equally as welcome as locals. Lovely unique setting.