“Outstanding!”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 31 May 2013

I had read all the good reviews of this place prior to going and I was not disappointed! We stayed for a week near Lyme Regis and we visited here at the start of the week. It was hands down the best hog roast I've ever had! We tried to return over the next couple of days but it was closed, I later learnt that this is because we visited in the afternoon and they had sold out in the morning!

We passed through on our way home on the last day of the holiday at 10am and luckily managed to get another one. Just watch out for the seagulls if you choose to eat it on the beach, it seems they also think this is the best hog roast, they swooped down and stole my wife's out of her hands (cutting her finger in the process!).

Reviewed 30 May 2013

Get there early as often they sell out .. Amazing sandwich pork with all the trimmings the chicken is my favourite. Once eaten never forgotten.

Reviewed 27 May 2013

I've worked in Lyme for a few years and always taken lunch with me..this one particular time I forgot so thought I would treat myself..Well..to say the food from here is amazing quality, value and outstanding service by the loveist people is an understatement. .I have since made several trips back with my husband, friends and parents and all rant about how great it is! Well worth a visit..if anyone should ask for a good place to grab lunch whilst in Lyme I shall continue to send them in the direction of here ☆

Reviewed 27 May 2013

Whenever we have the hunger pangs from missing breckie and is too early for lunch, or instead of a lunch in a restaurant we head to the Whole Hog for the best chicken or pork with all the trimmings in a huge bap to devour. Beautifully cooked meats, yummy baked onions, stuffing etc piled high in a bun and topped with rich gravy and condiments of your choice. Simple but oh so delicious. Thoroughly recommend and the two young people running it are so very cheerful and friendly. Coffee and juice etc on the go too.
For those wishing to have a change from the usual fish and chips to munch on the beach. please go and get one of these delicious huge filling baps to share and munch as they will cut them up for you to share.

Reviewed 25 May 2013

well, i love pork but if you do too don't leave it too late 'cos they close!!! I missed it this time but won't next time. The smell was to die for in the morning as the pork and chicken cooked. Probably well worth a visit.