“Why pay more down by the seafront?”
Review of Holmbush Cafe

Holmbush Cafe
Ranked #39 of 83 Restaurants in Lyme Regis
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Visited 28th June. We parked at the top car park having shunned the overpriced park and ride.
Spotted the Holmbush cafe and noticed the quality of the food and the reasonable prices.
We walked down the hill to the Cobb and along the seafront. On the way we checked out other cafés and food outlets and they were more expensive. So, on return to the car park we sat down to a delicious baguette and crab sandwiches, all for under £10. The premises are spotless and the service friendly. Additionally the salad that came with the food was crisp and fresh.
No hesitation in recommending this car park cafe.

1  Thank Steve W

Reviewed 6 June 2014

We've just returned from a holiday in Lyme Regis. We had a hungry toddler to feed so we tried this cafe as it was so close to our holiday apartment. So glad we did. Such lovely service with amazing homemade cakes, jams and chutneys. Real attention to the little details and we (our 18 month old included) were made to feel so welcome. The English Breakfast was perfectly cooked with good ingredients and the raspberry and white chocolate cake was the best cake I have had in ages.

1  Thank L S
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I am so glad that there is an opportunity to rate this cafe. We had to park in the top car park at Lyme Regis last weekend, and walk back up to it in the (most welcome) blazing sunshine. There we found this cafe with a sign saying "Well done you've made it! Now come in for a drink" (or similar). So we did. We started off by buying a couple of bottles of water but then bought a scone with jam and cream (to explain a cream tea to our Aussie friend) and then a brownie (to take home to my wife). All the cakes looked lovely but we had eaten a large lunch only a couple of hours earlier.

Now that I know about this cafe, I think that (on the rare occasions I visit Lyme Regis) I will park in this car park just to visit the cafe again.

1  Thank Peter W
Reviewed 19 May 2014

David and his wife provide excellent homemade cakes for afternoon tea and his Blackcurrant Jam is to die for. This added to the view across Lyme Bay make for an unreal experience, make sure you visit you will not be dissapointed.

2  Thank Peter H
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Fantastic cafe at the top car park in Lyme. I visit often when I am out at work and am always met with a friendly welcome, an excellent espresso and a tasty cake.