“Great Stay”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lyme Regis
The Royal Lion Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Lyme Regis
Herefordshire
“Great Stay”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Yet again my wife & I had another fantastic overnight stay at this landmark hotel.
We stopped overnight on the 15th February as part of a mystery Wedding Anniversary trip to the west country.
The staff were incredibly helpful from the moment we arrived. The hotel car park was full but on seeing our problem a young member of staff very kindly moved his car to let us park.
The welcome was warm and welcoming.
Our room on the top floor was excellently furnished, extremely clean and spacious.
We booked dinner in the restaurant, and were well looked after by all of the young team.
The food was excellent both in quality and presentation and great value for money.
Special mention for the two young lads working in the bar, who were very efficient and friendly, both having great customer care.
Breakfast was terrific, great choice and again well presented.
It is always a pleasure staying at this hotel as the owner has created an oasis of efficient service with the right balance of attention to detail and customer care.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone seeking a relaxing time with courteous staff who are attentive without being intrusive.
Well done

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Mark D, General Manager at The Royal Lion Hotel, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Dear peterHerefordshire

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback about your recent stay at The Royal Lion Hotel, Lyme Regis.

The hotel’s owner and I were delighted to receive such positive acclaim for our team, your room and the food during your time with us. I have already displayed your review for all the team to read in order to pass on your comments to all who were involved in ensuring your time with us was such a success.

We both look forward to welcoming you and your wife once again to The Royal Lion Hotel, hopefully in the not too distant future.

Mark Dridge

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

Me and my partner stayed at the hotel for two nights in February for valentines day.

The hotel itself is a lovely old building which is rich in history. The bar area is a classic British pub with a good range of drinks. The pool we used every day and sadly didn't have time to take advantage of the full size snooker table, but really enjoyed ourselves there.

The room we stayed in was spacious and had everything we needed in there. We were in room 5 which had a great view of the town. The only down side to the room was no WiFi (but there is in the bar area) and the bath was on rather small for for someone over 6'

The food was extremely good, and a great fine dining experience. The only improvement could be more vegetarian options.

All the staff were friendly and helpful, Micheal who served us for dinner and both sets of breakfast was professional, funny and made us feel right at home!

Top service.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Mark D, General Manager at The Royal Lion Hotel, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Dear Aaron C

Thank you for your review of your valentine's stay at The Royal Lion Hotel, Lyme Regis. I was delighted to learn how much you enjoyed your time with us.

I will of course pass on your thanks to Michael for his hospitality during your stay, and to all the team who ensured that your experience was so positive. I will also certainly discuss your point about a wider selection of vegetarian options with our chef to see what may be done to make an improvement.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you once again in the not too distant future.

Bristol, Rhode Island
Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel in february. It is an old and characterful hotel. Room was spacious and comfortable. Food excellent. Good range of lounges for residents. Staff all very helpful and pleasant. Great value for money.

Room Tip: Talk to staff when booking to get room that is right for you.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Mark D, General Manager at The Royal Lion Hotel, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Dear Sarah B

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your recent stay at The Royal Lion Hotel. I was delighted learn you found your room spacious and comfortable, the food excellent and the staff very helpful and pleasant.

I have already taken the opportunity to pass on your positive feedback to all the team involved in ensuring your time with us was so memorable.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Royal Lion Hotel, in the not too distant future.

Sudbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 February 2014

My wife and myself decided to spend our first Christmas at a hotel ever. From the moment we checked in until the moment we checked out, we were treated like the name of the hotel.....Royalty. The staff were so helpful and actually looked and wanted to help. The 3 night Christmas deal was not cheap, but the food was plentiful and beautifully prepared and cooked.
We paid extra for one of the older original rooms, so cannot comment of the remaining rooms.
The dining room could be a bit tight between diners, but the atmosphere was pleasant. The location was perfect, yards from the sea with lovely walks along the beach and the Cobb.
We shall definately stay again.

Room Tip: I suggest you talk to reception about room position when booking.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear evesy45

Thank you for completing a review of your Christmas visit to The Royal Lion Hotel. I am so pleased that we were able to make you feel so special, and that we appear to have exceeded your expectations in every way.

The team and I work very hard to ensure that every guest stay is memorable and I certainly feel that they, the team, are to be commended on achieving this with both you and all our guests this festive season. As always I have displayed your feedback on the staff notice board and will ensure that every member of the team who made your time with us was such a success are made aware of your positive comments.

I look forward to welcoming you once again to The Royal Lion Hotel, in the not too distant future.

Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

This is an excellent hotel where customer service is their priority. It is situated in an excellent central location and the carpark is a real bonus as appears limited parking in many other hotels and B&Bs. Our room was upgraded which was a nice touch. Room was lovely and towels were always nice and warm on the radiator. Food was superb and highly recommend having dinner in the Oak restaurant. Leisure facilities were ideal and a real welcome after a days walking. We had a fabulous weekend and would definetly recommend a weekend break in Lyme Regis staying at this hotel.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jaz6366
Mark D, General Manager at The Royal Lion Hotel, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Dear Jazz6366

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your recent stay at The Royal Lion Hotel. I was delighted to learn how much you had enjoyed your time with us.

Indeed I was particularly pleased to note your comments regarding customer service, the team and I do put a great emphasise on ensuring each guest is treated as an individual, and were possible we do our utmost to ensure their expectations are met if not exceeded. Your lovely feedback, which I have already posted on our team noticeboard, truly reflects the hard work and dedication each team member has to our guest’s satisfaction.

I look forward to many future opportunities to welcome you back to The Royal Lion Hotel.

Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel in November 13. It is a beautiful hotel in a lovely town. Lovely cosy and quaint. The food was lovely as was the bar and communal areas. All staff I came in contact with were very polite and helpful. Very much recommended.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Dermotfq
Dear Dermotfq

Thank you for your review of your visit to The Royal Lion Hotel, last November. I was very grateful to receive such positive feedback about your time with us.

I have already taken the opportunity to pass on your comments to all those involved in ensuring your stay was such a success.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We always try and get away for a couple of days between the Christmas and New Year and this year we were not sure because of the weather but we were very lucky and the sun shone on the right days. We stayed at the Royal Lion Hotel 28th and 29 December in room 34, Fantastic view, hotel wonderful, staff very very helpful. Ate twice in the Inn restaurant (the bar) and food very good and great value. Pool and hotel spotless. Atmosphere wonderful and Christmas decorations were really lovely. Breakfast good in the lovely restaurant and would recommend this hotel 100%.

Room Tip: Book one of the Sea view Rooms, well worth it,
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Valsong777
Mark D, General Manager at The Royal Lion Hotel, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Dear Valsong777

Thank you for completing a review of your time at The Royal Lion Hotel, between Christmas and New Year. I was pleased to read that you thought the hotel was wonderful and you found the staff extremely helpful.

In addition I was glad to read you enjoyed your dinners in our Inn, you found breakfast of a good standard, and that overall you would recommend us whole heartedly. I have already made sure all those members of the team who ensure you stay was so memorable have been are aware of your most positive comments.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you once again to The Royal Lion Hotel at some point throughout 2014.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lyme Regis
#2 of 10 in Bridport
Dorset House
Dorset House
#1 of 45 in Lyme Regis

Been to The Royal Lion Hotel? Share your experiences!