Having read some of the other negative reviews on this site I wonder if I was staying in the same hotel. My wife and I spent 3 nights here in November and enjoyed almost every aspect of our stay.
The seaview roooms are worth paying extra for as the views are superb as are the gardens and all in all the staff are pretty good if perhaps some lack sparkle at reception. The bedding is crisp white linen and good comfortable king size beds.We ate in the conservatory restaurant on one occassion which was very good quality , tasty and a pretty good well priced wine list. Breakfasts are excellent.
We will probably return. I should add that I travel extensively throughout the world staying in top hotels and I am not easily impressed, so I would give The Alexandra 8/10..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Georgian Dower house built in 1735 with large garden, panoramic views across Lyme Bay's Jurassic UNESCO World Heritage site coastline and the famous Cobb harbour. Pathway to beach through gardens. Treatment room and Gym. Sea view restaurant with attentive service. Delicious food using seasonal local produce. Total Seaside Chic. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Alexandra Hotel and Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alexandra Hotel Lyme Regis
- Alexandra Lyme Regis
- Alexandra Hotel And Restaurant Lyme Regis, Dorset