My husband & I stayed at the Alexandra for one night, whilst visiting River Cottage just 10 minutes away. The hotel is a beautiful building dating from the 1730's. It was elegant and tastefully decorated with a subtle contemporary feel to it. We stayed in a lovely big room, with a massive bay window overlooking the gardens of the hotel and down across the Cobb. Very comfortable bed and furnishings in the room.
We had breakfast in the morning and this was my only slight downside. The buffet selection was fairly limited and the cooked breakfast was very greasy.
Overall, we really enjoyed our one night stay. I have already recommeded it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Georgian Dower house built in 1735 with large garden, panoramic views across Lyme Bay's Jurassic UNESCO World Heritage site coastline and the famous Cobb harbour. Pathway to beach through gardens. Treatment room and Gym. Sea view restaurant with attentive service. Delicious food using seasonal local produce. Total Seaside Chic. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Alexandra Hotel and Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alexandra Hotel Lyme Regis
- Alexandra Lyme Regis
- Alexandra Hotel And Restaurant Lyme Regis, Dorset