Having stayed at 'The Alex' as us regulars call it, I was really looking forward to a return visit this summer and was not disappointed.
Kathryn, who took over from her Mother a couple of years ago has done wonders with the decor of the whole hotel and my room was beautifully and tastefully furnished with wall to wall, floor to ceiling windows overlooking the sea. (Ask for Room 5 - it's not a huge room, but then who needs one? But it's breathtaking view across Lyme Bay when you wake up is amazing!).
The bed was super comfortable and as I do not sleep well when away from home, I geared myself up for a traditionally restless night.... I slept like a baby, massive king size bed and lovely linens.
The welcome was as warm as ever - the staff helpful - and the food delicious. I had dinner there with friends and the level of cuisine is elegant and interesting without being pretentious. Local food, well cooked and well presented.
Ive been there twice this summer and fully expect to return soon - it is the most delightful hotel - brilliantly situated at the top of the main street, and within 5 minutes of the lovely beaches at Lyme Regis.
I recommend it to anyone who is thinking of going to Lyme Regis - and that is a genuine recommendation.
Whether it be for a short romantic weekend, a seaside holiday, or just an escape from it all - it is one of my (if not THE) favourite hotels in the country for all the above..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Georgian Dower house built in 1735 with large garden, panoramic views across Lyme Bay's Jurassic UNESCO World Heritage site coastline and the famous Cobb harbour. Pathway to beach through gardens. Treatment room and Gym. Sea view restaurant with attentive service. Delicious food using seasonal local produce. Total Seaside Chic. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Alexandra Hotel and Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alexandra Hotel Lyme Regis
- Alexandra Lyme Regis
- Alexandra Hotel And Restaurant Lyme Regis, Dorset