“Lovely place, Great experience”
Review of Mariners Hotel

and 1 more site!
Mariners Hotel
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Lyme Regis
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Lovely place, Great experience”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

From the moment we arrived we were treated fantastically, many thanks to all the Staff who put themselves out to help my old Mum! Their care and hospitality were above the call of duty and I would highly recommend this hotel.

We ate both nights in the restaurant and the food was 1st class and good value for money.
The rooms were very clean and fresh and well appointed.
The breakfasts were spot on too and even made available in the room due to ill health.
Thanks again to the Staff for making us feel so welcome.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
MarinersLymeRegis, Manager at Mariners Hotel, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Dear Ian_Ludwig,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel, customer feedback is very important to us and I am very happy that you found the rooms to your liking and food to your taste.

I hope that your mother is feeling more herself, and look forward to welcoming you back to the Mariners in the future.

Stuart

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Redditch, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

We didn't stay here but four of us had dinner at the restaurant on 15th August . the food and service was excellent -special mention to a lady called Sophie made us feel very very welcome -would definatley recommend and next time we will stay

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Cafemambono5
Dear Cafemambono5,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Mariners, I glad you enjoyed you meal at the hotel, and will pass your kind comments on to Sophie. I hope we can welcome you back to the Mariners in the future. prehaps you would have the time to stay a couple of nights next time.....

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Came her for 2 nights with my girlfriend, felt very welcomed upon arrival and promptly shown to the room.
The room it's self was a good size and had a lovely shower. We had a double sea view room, and the view didn't disappoint.
We did not eat dinner at the restaurant, but the breakfast we had on the first morning was good, however, the breakfast on the second morning was not as good but still okay.
The location is well situated at the top of the high street, be warned the hill is steep! But not too bad.

Will most likely return, if not the hotel, defiantly to the area.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Daniel I
Dear Daniel I,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Mariners, I'm very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and particularly the room and views. I look forward to your return to Lyme Regis and hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 August 2014

The front of house manager was both pleasant and efficient, but it went downhill from there. The room was cheaply furnished and there wasn't even a box of tissues for guest use. It was a big room, but had no AC and was stiflingly hot. The real disaster though, was the food and the restaurant service, which were both the poorest we have ever encountered - yes; ever! We sucked up our disappointment over the starter, complained firmly but politely about the main, and then when we declined a dessert the waitress ran away laughing! We were hungry and disappointed; running was probably a wise move on her part. We checked out the next morning (before breakfast!) so they lost two nights B&B as a result. An apology from the (same) front of house manager and a reduction on the dinner bill were some comfort, but this place really doesn't deserve to get custom, if our experience was in any way typical.

Room Tip: Do yourself a favour and look elsewhere.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lissie62
Dear Lissie62,

I'm sorry you did not enjoy your experience at the Mariners as much as we had hoped. I did speak to you on the morning that you checked out and you expressed your displeasure at the charcuterie platter and seafood mix grill (both too small by your judgement). I credited the items you were not happy with from your bill, however, I must say I am a little surprised at the comments you have made regarding your room (room 1) as I asked you if everything else was OK during your stay, to which you replied 'Yes, we just have to go!' and implied to me that you had an emergency that you had to leave for.

Our rooms at the Mariners are largly furnished from John Lewis, I can assure you that it was not cheap. We are not allowed to put air conditioning into the hotel because we are a listed building, and doing so would require modification to the building. Your room (room 1) has a large window and double french doors that lead onto a balcony, and as you point out is is also quite a large room, so I am surprised that it was stiflingly hot unless you had the doors and windows closed?

I hope that you will reconsider and give the mariners another chance in the future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Room 1 - Gardens & Sea View with own roof terrace.
Charming hotel, warm staff, spotless room, lovely gardens, only had breakfasts but were great and very quick, own big car park, better if room had iron in it as stated.

Room Tip: Room 1 for us, quiet, sunny and overlooks the gardens and sea.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Dear John T,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Mariners. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us, I can only apologise about the misunderstanding with the Iron, they are available upon request from reception, and not in each room as you were told.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Widnes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We visited this hotel in 2010 when my husband was recovering from major surgery. We were looking forward to returning as we were restricted the first time we stayed. The staff on arrival were friendly and helpful. The disappointment started with the room. It appeared that it was cleaned in a rush as I found dirty wipes on a window sill, a wine bottle top under the table and there was no toilet tissue in the bathroom . Breakfast was good but as neither of us are fish lovers the dinner menu was limited. There was always an aroma of fish around. The service we had on our second day was annoying. Everyone who came in after us were served before us and I had to ask for the waitress to take our order. We had been in 2 hotels before this and have given excellent feedback for both. I was expecting to give the same for this one but unfortunately I can't . We won't be returning again.

Room Tip: Don't stay in room 8. It is opposite a very busy junction.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 956Ann
MarinersLymeRegis, Owner at Mariners Hotel, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear 956 Ann

Thank you for writing your review, I am sorry to read that you did not enjoy your recent stay at the Mariners. This is a busy time of year for us, with extra temporary staff, but it’s no excuse as to why the room was not prepared to the standard that we expect for our guests. Following your review a new procedure has been put in place. I’m pleased you found our staff friendly and helpful and that the breakfast was good.
Reviewed 29 July 2014

A wonderful stay in a lovely charming hotel, staff couldn't do enough, spotless, fantastic gardens ( seagulls added entertainment). Added bonus of ample car parking, good bar, very good food, evening meal and breakfast were lovely.

Room Tip: I'm sure any room is as good as ours as the hotel was fantastic.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
#2 of 7 in Charmouth
Cobb Arms
Cobb Arms
#16 of 45 in Lyme Regis

Been to Mariners Hotel? Share your experiences!