“Excellent vegetarian food”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Tierra Kitchen

Tierra Kitchen
Ranked #3 of 80 Restaurants in Lyme Regis
Price range: US$12 - US$32
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Award winning modern restaurant using the best local, seasonal and organic produce in the South West. Suitable for vegetarians and foodies alike.
Lyme Regis, United Kingdom
“Excellent vegetarian food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2013

We have been several times since this restaurant opened two weeks ago. Service is friendly and efficient. Bread, which was a cheesy one the last evening we went , is delicious. Menu is varied, and not always the same dishes offered. Both quality of cooking, and presentation very good.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank imeldamary

Seaton
“Tierra Kitchen, Lyme Regis”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2013

Three of us had dinner there Saturday evening. It was comfortable, good table and seating, and room between tables. We each had a different main course and dessert. The food was absolutely spot on. Delicious. Couldn't fault it. We had a bottle of red wine and that again was excellent. Thoroughly recommend this restaurant. I imagine it would also be great in the lunch time.

Lyme Regis
“perfect veggie lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2013

I visited on the first day of opening and mentioned this on the Café sol restaurant trip advisor as it changed from Café sol to Tierra Kitchen on Feb 1 2013.
I had a lovely lunch with a friend and her plate of food looked great and was yummy, her words and I reiterated with my yummy lunch. It was packed out on its first day out to all and I can see why.
The little jem is clean ,nicely lit, with really good food for all.
Thoroughly recommend, I shall be back soon.
Thank you for making my coffee with lots of hot frothy milk on the side as requested.
Good luck in your new venture.

1 Thank sall-jane
Lyme Regis
“Vegetarian Cuisine comes to Lyme Regis”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2013

The best vegetarian food I have ever tasted. Chef Mark Evans until recently ran Bristol's Café Maitreya – twice named 'Restaurant of the Year' by the National Vegetarian Society. Also voted best vegetarian restaurant by Observer Food Monthly. We are so lucky.

1 Thank WoodyLymeRegis
Oxford UK
“a welcome newcomer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2013

The Tierra Kitchen is going to be a very welcome addition to Lyme Regis if our meal on Saturday evening is anything to go by. The restaurant only opened the day before and a cold February night doesn't tempt many people out but the restaurant was busy.

It is located on the former Cafe Sol building and the two Marks who have started the venture are not making a big thing out of the fact that it is a vegetarian restaurant - and quite rightly. On the basis of our meal the food choices are interesting combinations of flavoursome ingredients which happen to be vegetarian.

The Evening menu was promising; short enough to ensure all dishes are freshly made - Four starters (or small dishes) three mains and three puddings.

We had Dorset red cheese and pistachio croquettes with smoked tomato and chilli (£4.75) and Crispy carrot and cashew cakes with avocado and tamari (£4.50). Both were bursting with flavour and were good for sharing. The main was a Sweet potato and winter vegetable tagine with crispy chickpea polenta, yogurt and mint (£10). A lovely combination and just right for a winter's evening. Service was friendly and from the chatter at other tables, the food was being received very warmly with lots of compliments.

Wine by the glass was reasonable at £2.75, £3.10 and by the bottle.

We had to pass on the puddings, which were all priced at £4.90 just below my self-emposed limit of £5 but will be sampled at a later date!

I gather that both owners have previous form with award-winning restaurants in the Bristol area and certainly expertise, experience and professionalism was evident on the night. Lyme Regis has many so-so places to eat but this venture might just have an edge in providing something different as well as being delicious!

Having read this through I feel I should say something to indicate that I have no connection whatsoever with the venture. We just booked on the basis of a local newspaper article announcing the opening and were very pleased we were one of the very first satisfied customers! Long may Tierra Kitchen provide excellent meals in Lyme!

1 Thank travelinhope