“Perfect Evening at an Authentic Italian”
Review of Italia

Italia
Ranked #7 of 80 Restaurants in Lyme Regis
Cuisines: Seafood, Italian, Pizza, Contemporary
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Homemade, real Italian cuisine by an Italian chef/owner. Modern decor, comfortable and atmospheric. Family friendly, good value and table service. Serving pizzas, pastas, chicken, seafood, daily specials and many more. Booking advisable but not always necessary. Popular with locals and visitors all year round.
London, United Kingdom
“Perfect Evening at an Authentic Italian”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Great evening out at Italia on Saturday. Seated very quickly and we were made to feel very welcome. The waiting team were cheerful, helpful and professional throughout and my partner, who is Italian, said the food was the most aunthentic tasting that he has ever had in this country, high praise indeed!! Excellent value for money, we all came home feeling particularly full and in high spirits! Thanks again to the manager for looking after us so well - you made our night!!

3 Thank BrummyChick
BabyBoo100, Owner at Italia, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review and feedback for us. We are extremely pleased you enjoyed your night with us and what a fabulous compliment from your Italian partner :) thank you again and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Hitchin
“A bit ordinary”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Italia is a nice restaurant with pleasant and helpful staff. We visited early on a Friday evening; it was quite busy, so we were lucky to get a table without booking. Our pizzas were OK, but … sad to say … a bit boring and ordinary. We were hoping for better.

Visited May 2014
BabyBoo100, Owner at Italia, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Many thanks for taking the time to review our restaurant and we are sorry to hear you thought our pizzas were a bit ordinary. Our pizzas are completely home made from the dough through to them being hand stretched and fresh toppings added. If you had not been completely satisfied with them, we would have liked you to tell us this when we checked all was ok throughout your meal. We also do many different pizzas and toppings that can be added to suit all tastes. Thank you for visiting us and we hope to welcome you to our restaurant again.
Andover, United Kingdom
“What a disappointment”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Oh dear what a disappointment. We were looking forward to visiting this restaurant, but would not recommend it, or go back. On asking the waitress what was the soup of the day, and was a chicken dish in breadcrumbs, she didn't know either answer. When another waitress took our order, my husband was asked if he wanted his soup and main course together (?) when the soup came he had to ask for a spoon which was popped onto the table, over his left shoulder...
When the main courses came, my Husbands pasta dish looked as though it had been under a heat lamp too long, it was very dried out, . My chicken was strange, when I cut into it, there was no texture, it looked like a solid block of white stuff and and was almost crunchy, though not tough.. But the highlight of the visit, was not one of the waitresses standing behind the bar, with nothing to do, sucking her fingers, ( before serving our food !) but, due to the fact they were totally overstaffed, every time I looked up from my plate there were at least two staff members staring at me, I have never felt so uncomfortable eating in a restaurant and couldn't wait to get out.. The staff need to be trained in customer service, and the manageress needs training on how to manage her staff...and her time

2 Thank Dorothy C
BabyBoo100, Owner at Italia, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Thank you for your comments and we are disappointed you did not enjoy your experience with us. We were fully booked on the evening you dined with us but as you arrived without a reservation fairly early in the evening we did all we could to accommodate you. If you were not enjoying your meals we would have preferred you to mention this when you were checked on during your meal and again after your meal. We are unable to assist you in any way if you do not tell us at the time that it is not to your taste. We do not have heat lamps in our kitchen as everything is cooked to order and delivered to the table promptly. Also the table you occupied being table 1 facing the bar is in the direct line of the restaurant and it may have appeared to you as though people were looking at you but they were in fact observing the restaurant and all the other customers who were of course behind you.
“Absolutely wonderful food, service and atmosphere”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

My meal at Italia was positively splendid I enjoyed every moment the food was brilliant and very reasonably priced. The service was impeccable and I felt I was being looked after by professional friendly individuals. At some restaurants you are kept waiting for far too long for your food but at Italia even though the restaurant was full on my visit my pizza arrived at my table very promptly. Overall a great experience I will be visiting Italia again very soon would recommend it to anyone.

2 Thank Glennhoulihan123
BabyBoo100, Owner at Italia, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
What fantastic feedback and comments-thank you very much. We are so pleased you enjoyed all aspects of your experience with us and hope to welcome you back to our restaurant soon. Thank you for being a valued customer
London, United Kingdom
“Local ingredients, freshly baked bread, unsung hero in heart of Lyme”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

With an Italian chef and sous chef, this is a proper Italian with impeccable cooking right in the heart of Lyme. I just wish they would make it known what they have on offer! I can't think of many other restaurants in Lyme, if any, that bake their own bread, make their own pasta, and think so carefully about where they source their ingredients. Everything - from the finely prepared seafood risotto inside the stuffed squid, to the locally sourced crab in the seafood pasta - is done so well and without any great fanfare. I imagine just how they do it in Italy.

1 Thank hinnerk79
BabyBoo100, Owner at Italia, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Thank you for your lovely words and great feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your meal at our restaurant and the fresh ingredients our chef uses . He enjoys making his own bread, pizza dough etc and we think this is important and you can certainly tell the difference. We also source our fish locally to ensure quality and freshness so we are glad you were pleased with your calamari dish as we do try and have many daily fish specials to choose from. Thank you again and we hope you will return to us soon.