“Daughters Wedding”

The Crown Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Blandford Forum
“Daughters Wedding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2012

We booked my daughter's wedding well in advance as this is a lovely place to hold a wedding and reception. We were not disappointed, from start to finish we were in excellent hands. Francesca the lady managing proceedings was brilliant, bringing a wealth of experience to us. The food was lovely plenty of it and very good quality. All the staff were friendly and smiled throughout. The evening disco was again well organisised and the food again brilliant. If I had two daughters I would again go to The Crown. But I have a son....Praise The Lord.. Many thanks to The Crown.

Room Tip: Not right by the main road, but even these are quite quiet.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Elsenham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2012

I booked some 8 rooms at this property in June for family and friends attending my daughters wedding at nearby Larmer Tree Gardens. Clare Del Gallo, FOH Manager was fantastic and made sure our stay went smoothly, even though we had to change booking details several times! The hotel is sited in a nice village with some local shops and pubs,and has easy access to some great countryside. It's a very pretty building and very old, the rooms were in-keeping with the hotel style and the pictures on their site do not do them justice - they are lovely. We had the executive room to the front of the hotel, which had a victorial bath and really comfy bed. Breakfast was great and bar area very restful, with attentive staff. Thank you for a lovely stay, we would definitely recommend this hotel and will visit again.

Room Tip: I would ask for rooms which face the front of the hotel ideally, or side view to the road, those at...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Cramers
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2012

We go in here on spec or as planned. We have coffees ..with complimentry shortbread, a light lunch ..in the restaurant or in the more casual bar area ..same menu in both, and it is always good.

last week we had a lunch ..crab mayo sandwiches and a spritzer for me , cider for him. Easy parking, in the restaurant with linen napkins etc. Great mid week treat ..highly civilised.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rufusbates
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2012

Our 1st floor room was nicely decorated, and the bed was very comfortable. We only stayed 1 night but we were pleasantly surprised as we hadn't made a reservation. It was a bit hard to figure out how to use the shower but it was lovely, strong flow etc. (we are from Oz, home of the water saver shower rose). There was a nice large courtyard dining area but we didn't have time to sit there as we arrived in the late afternoon & went to a local pub for dinner. English breakfast was included in the price, and there was a good selection - delicious.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2012

My wife and I moved to the area in January, and as our housing on post was not yet quite ready, we stayed at the crown for a few weeks. The staff could not have been more helpful with all aspects of introducing us to our new town and way of life in a new country. The food at the Crown is always very nice, and we have yet to find a better steak and ale pie in all of Dorset. Minor inconveniences include the intermittent wi-fi, and our room (directly above the dining room) was quite warm at times, even in the middle of January. The staff at the Crown even went out of their way to welcome our two Bulldogs, and we are happy that we chose to stay there.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Bury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

What a fantastic hotel. Clean room superb bed, large bathroom with a shower that stays at the same temp
Very enjoyable stay. The carpark is very large & can accomadate larger vehicles.
But what impressed me the most was ANTONEY'S BREAKFAST it was to die for
Bit of a strange combination but I will try anything & I'm Glad I did also I have to mention the staff they were so nice to me
The manager even moved my table to one next to the window it was as if he read my mind & nothing was any trouble
All the staff were great. I will stay again next time I'm in the area

• Stayed April 2012
geordieworldtour
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2012

I have previously enjoyed a stay at this property however my latest experience has left me with a mixed opinion.
Generally my room was clean and well presented, as was the majority of the hotel, however the bathroom was terrible with peeling paint, well worn sanitary ware and a toilet that once flushed drip filled for three hours which was extremely annoying. Had I been staying more than one night I would have insisted on another room.
Even though there is a notice outside proclaiming 'food served until 10pm' my request for a menu at 9:15 was greeted with such distain that I decided not to bother and retired to the bar. The bar area is a reasonable size but seating is extremely limited and on this occasion all tables had been taken, mainly by what appeared to be non-residents, the result was a walk around Blandford until I found an alternative location where I could at least sit down and enjoy a drink.
Breakfast was a more pleasurable experience but overall I left with the feeling that I will be looking for an alternative for my next visit to the area

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Summer Lodge
Summer Lodge
#1 of 2 in Evershot
Best Western Shaftesbury The Royal Chase Hotel

Been to The Crown Hotel? Share your experiences!