Yesterday it rained. And rained. We arrived at the Crown for Sunday lunch only, not to stay, though it looks very inviting, with candles lighting the stairs up to the rooms. Staff very accommodating ( I know, we didn't stay) as we booked for 1.30, got there too early, so ate at 12.30. Choice of 4 roasts for £12, beef, lamb, pork, chicken. A well endowed plateful, very friendly service, good wine. I had pork with extra crackling!, partner had the lamb he had promised himself. Had to ask for more gravy, but it was brought to the table promptly. We enjoyed the main course so much we opted for desserts as well, AND coffee. All age groups, couples, couples with small children, one large table of 14, teenagers. The atmosphere is happy. Old fashioned, but comfortable.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your The Crown Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crown Hotel Blandford Forum
- Best Western Blandford Forum
- Blandford Forum Best Western
- The Crown Hotel Blandford Forum, Dorset