The Anvil Inn(Blandford Forum)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$111
Cashmoor Inn(Blandford Forum)
Free cancellation until 21/07
US$91
The Saxon Inn(Child Okeford)
US$105
LateRooms.com
St. Leonard's Farmhouse(Blandford Forum)
Heathcote House(Milborne Saint Andrew)
The Talbot(Iwerne Minster)
TripAdvisor
All reviewslocal breweryhall and woodhouselovely lunchlovely hotelsunday roastwedding partypoached eggsstayed one nightpuddingbiscuitsbreakfast was deliciousdouble roomreception staffcar parkfamily roomthe pubcomfy bed
Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

Lunched here today with friends. Food was very good, my salmon was excellent and my friends both had the ratatouille which they said was very nice. Marion ,our waitress, was very attentive and we received very good service throughout the meal. I would recommend the Crown for a good lunch.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank jill190872
Hall W, Manager at The Crown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2017

Thank you for your lovely review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit.

Reviewed 30 August 2017

Superb family room with large master room, separate but attached children's room with twin beds and shared bathroom. All beds extremely comfortable. Rooms well appointed with thoughtful touches. Very comfortable. Hotel was pleasingly characterful and a refreshing change from chain-style hotels. Staff very friendly and welcoming. Food excellent. We stayed just as a stop over on our way home from a holiday elsewhere, but will definitely be back for a longer stay.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Hall W, Manager at The Crown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to post such a wonderful review on Trip Advisor. We are so pleased we delivered great hospitality and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 30 August 2017

this hotel is right inthe heart of Blanford and has a great open garden area for summer evenings. Dined in on first night and the meal and service was very good. Bar prices were average for the area.
Our room was excellent albeit round the back above the kitchens, the bed was great and we had a very comfortable couple of nights.
The only problem was the cooked breakfast, first morning it was barely warm but as we needed to be out quickly it wasn't sent back, also meagre portions. Won't get fat on it. The next morning after mentioning how cold it was to the waiter, mine arrived extremely hot, suspect that it had a trip to the microwave as the poached eggs were rubberised.
I hope the breakfast issues were not common and I would visit again.

Room Tip: rear is quieter
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

We really appreciate your feedback; thank you for taking the trouble to post your review. We have taken your comments on board and do hope you will visit us again.

Reviewed 28 August 2017

The warming welcome from reception when I parked my car at 8am for a reservation that evening highlighted a great hotel. When I checked in later that day.and went to my room, they had supplied a large fan as they could tell the unusually warm weather was going to impact sleeping, as they would not be allowed air con in this period property.
Evening meal was super and attentive serving staff in the bar. Still trying to understand why the barman was telling me about a good Nepalise restaurant as I was ordering my food!! Perhaps he wanted a quiet night?
Excellent shower (no bath) with good lighting and facilities.
Good breakfast selection. Worth staying a night just to see a town which looks like a Dickensian postcard

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business

Thank you so much for your review, it is great to hear that you enjoyed visiting us. We hope you can visit again soon.

Reviewed 22 August 2017

My family and I have stayed at the Crown Hotel several times over the last year or so and usually our stay is extremely pleasant. Like before, the hotel room was in great condition, the staff were friendly and the hotel was homely, however the issues began almost as soon as I arrived.
At around 6:30pm, I was just sitting in my room when the fire alarm began to ring extremely loudly. After an initial panic, it stopped. Thinking that the issue was over, I went back to what I was doing, however around thirty seconds later I heard someones feet thumping rapidly up the stairs. I was shocked, again, at the rather loud banging on the door of my room to which I answered and was met by one of the managers. He proclaimed to tell me that it was me who had set off the fire alarm, and though I appreciate his efforts to ensure my safety, it can't possibly have been me who had set it off when I was doing absolutely nothing. The issue was soon over however I was left confused and irritated that I was being accused of setting the alarm off when it was clearly faulty.
The next issue arose around 3am. After a few hours sleep, I woke up and began to hear screaming and shouting from the street just outside my window. If it had been 12am, or even 1am, I would have been more accepting of this sore to my ear, however it was 3am. This continued for around an hour and for that time I did not manage to get back to sleep despite smothering my face in pillows.
I managed to get back to sleep for an hour or so, but at around 4am I began to hear some different noises. These noises were coming from the bedroom next to me. I heard very loud chatting between perhaps two or three people, as if it was a casual time to be talking. I then heard one of the persons say "she is just in the bath" which I found extremely strange considering it was 4am. This "chatting" was extremely loud and I could easily make out what they were saying. Yet again I had been woken up and yet again I found it difficult to get back to sleep. I became increasingly agitated by the evolving noises so I shouted for the people next door to quieten down. I must have shouted around 3 or 4 times but I got no response. By this point I was angry so I knocked loudly on the wall to get them to be quiet - and they did, at first. After a while I heard muttering again but it was bearable.
Though I understand that this is not necessarily the hotels fault, it was a problem. Perhaps the hotel could've had a word with the people lingering outside at 3am for the benefit of their guests, or perhaps install some thicker insulation between walls - not only for the noise, but for the temperature as my room was extremely chilly, even after putting the heating on.
Despite these issues, our stay was pleasant.
This will not necessarily put us off the hotel however it left me very tired the next day and if I hadn't had to wake at 6am I might not have been as fussed, but I did, and I was tired, very tired, the next day.

Room Tip: Try to avoid rooms near the main road as it can get loud and busy!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Hall W, Manager at The Crown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2017