See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 September 2008

I seriously cannot believe i paid £100 per night for what was listed on their website as a "luxury suite".

I will try and summarise my problems with this place:

If I had read the small print more carefully then i would have noticed that the B&B mentioned on the website was actually make your OWN breakfast in the little kitchen in the 'suite' (what luxury!!). I dont necessarily have that much of a problem with that (although setting off the fire alarm each morning as soon as i got the bacon going was a bit annoying), but i really resent having to go to the owners house to ask for more food (and extra toilet roll!!), you would think that someone might have actually come and checked in the fridge to see that we had enough for the next morning (and maybe even checked in the bathroom to make sure we had enough toilet roll). There was no way we had more than one mornings worth of food provided, but i guess they figure most people can't be bothered to go and ask for more. In addition the food was not exactly luxury - i know 80p a carton orange juice concentrate when i taste it!

There is no door between the 'suite' and the shared entrance hall. It would have been nice to have been warned of that in advance (not mentioned on the website) as there is something not altogether relaxing about knowing that someone could pop their head up the stairs at any moment and say hello. Not to mention if you are stuck with someone noisy downstairs (fortunately we werent) then they would most certainly wake you up every morning or evening as they came and went.

They had clearly let their cat run riot throughout the room- the carpet was absolutely drenched in cat hair. To be fair they were not to know that my girlfriend has a cat allergy, but had they hoovered the carpet now and again it might have helped alleviate the problem.

In fact noone came and cleaned the room once during our 3 night stay, Again, for £100 a night this seems a bit poor. The fact that the moment i checked in, the money for the whole stay was requested ("that way you wont have to be bothered by us") makes me think exactly the opposite. As soon as we paid up these people didnt want to have anything to do with us again.

This lack of interest was pretty apparent before the first night was even over - when we arrived we were told that there would probably not be any parking spots left in their drive when we came back from our evening out as they had family staying and that we would therefore probably have to go and park in a field opposite. When we got back about midnight we found that in fact the field had a big padlock on the gate and indeed the drive was full up... clearly noone actually gave a [--] where we parked. We just had to find somewhere to dump the car and hope that it would still be there in the morning. A bit shoddy really when we were the paying guests.

In terms of there being any positives, i would say that the room itself was very nicely done out and the bed was a pretty comfortable one. So I would say if you are looking for a nicely fitted out room and don't care about getting decent service (or overpaying) then its not a bad place to stay but otherwise don't bother.

Date of stay: September 2008