“What a find”

Dining options: Breakfast
Baldock, United Kingdom
“What a find”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We have visited the town for years, mostly at weekends and always found the restaurant full! Having visited Monday we managed, just, to get a table for two. Food and service great with good sized portions, wonderfully lasagne and omelette. I can see why it is always busy, give it a try.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Peter H

UK
“Good lunch, great service”
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Quick lunch while we wandered around the town. Very prompt greeting, seated quickly and served even faster. Whoever runs this place and trains their staff knows what they are doing.

Food was fast, tasty and reasonable value. It's reasonably compact and so tables are quite close but it doesn't feel like the kind of place people linger.

Staff were very professional despite being young so, again, someone is taking care over this aspect.

Would happily return for simple food, well served and reasonably priced.

Visited May 2014
Saffron Walden, United Kingdom
“Comfortable and friendly”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

We went for brunch. The restaurant is split into a front room with views out into the town square and a slightly larger room at the rear. Service is friendly and efficient. I went for the full-English. My wife had a Panini, which she thought could have been a bit hotter.

• Visited May 2014
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Nice food with an old fashioned feel”
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

I was pleasantly surprised on arrival to a nice friendly welcome. I just thought I'd have a basic bacon sandwich but as they did sausage and egg, I asked if they could do bacon and sausage and this was no problem. At the time they'd run out of white bread but that shortly turned up later after getting my order. The staff were very friendly and helpful and explained they had problems with the teapot handles getting warm, they weren't sure why but put through a napkin to help. I believe they know they've got a problem and I think may come to a solution soon. I did notice when leaving afterwards some very nice looking chocolate tiffin, so I got a piece to take home for lunch and that was really nice but they have admitted they've run out of takeaway bags and are having to put things in paper napkins but they agree they need to look at that again. The interior though had improved since the last time I was in as they are using table clothes and vases with flowers in giving it a very nice traditional feel which is really what I like to see some traditional surroundings.

1 Thank John T
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Arrogant service”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Staff rude and arrogant, food ok but had to wait over 40 minutes for the main course. When asked how long the main course might be, we were greeted with "why? Are you in a rush" in q very condescending tone. From then on the service went down hill even further with no "thank you" or any glimmer of gratitude when presenting us with the bill. Never again I'm afraid. No wonder only 2 tables were booked for a Friday night at 8pm

• Visited March 2014