“Restaurant Closed August 2014”
Review of Red Onion Indian Restaurant - CLOSED

Red Onion Indian Restaurant
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Saffron Walden
“Restaurant Closed August 2014”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

For the second time since it first opened a couple of years ago, a dispute with the landlord has led to this restaurant being closed with whitewashed windows and notices from the landlord and bailiffs on the door. The first time, it reopened with some of the same staff after 3 weeks or so, but there is no sign at present of any such activity since it closed in early August 2014.

Visited August 2014

essex england
“Excellent”
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Ordered a set meal for two arrived quickly and very hot excellent flavours really nice takeaway large selection of choices we paid 25.00 got massive amount for money sadly tried phoning last night x3 no reply so booked another takeaway delivery service and it was terrible

Saffron Walden, United Kingdom
“Mediocre”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Have had an eat in meal and a takeaway from Red Onion and haven't been overly impressed with either. On the plus side they do have some different options on the menu...my daughter enjoyed her crab curry.

Visited December 2013
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“One of the best Indian take-aways”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Have eaten in here before and enjoyed the meal. We were celebrating our mother-in-laws 89th birthday, so I collected our food. I can honestly say this was one of the best take-aways we have had for ages. My husband loves his Jalfrezi very hot and tasty so asked for extra chillies to be added. I had chicken balti, so full of flavour, any our mother-in-law - well she had chicken Rogan and loved it. The staff were great and even gave us a bottle of wine (don't get that too often). Would definately recommend and will be going again. JC & JRC

• Visited May 2014
Saffron Walden, United Kingdom
“Worst Indian I've ever had”
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

We ordered from here as they deliver (few do in Saffron Walden) but delivery was half an hour late, not a good start. Things went swiftly downhill upon serving up luke warm, half full containers of tasteless food. The lamb was so tough it was inedible, I wonder if it even was lamb. Chicken wasn't much better and neither sauce tasted of anything. It was not good value for money. Very disappointed. If you want a good curry there are several other restaurants all better than this one. I personally recommend The Mogul for tasty food and great service. Whatever you do, do not eat here. I feel an upset stomach may be my final treat for a poor choice in restaurant.