“Wonderful Turkish food in Harwich”
Review of Turkish Meze Bar

Turkish Meze Bar
Ranked #6 of 47 Restaurants in Harwich
Price range: US$8 - US$19
Reviewed 27 June 2018

What is such a fantastic, totally authentic Turkish restaurant serving food of this quality doing in Harwich. It outshines all the other Turkish restaurants we have eaten in by miles. We called in on a weekday evening in mid-May and were glad we had booked. By 7.30pm it was busy. We were greeted by the owner/chef who took great pains to explain his dishes and the wine (all Turkish) on offer and we enjoyed a very reasonably priced, three-course meal. Service was efficient but never pushy and we were made to feel special. The food was outstanding. We had Izgara Sukuk and Izgara Hellim to start, followed by Musakka and Kuzu Incik, all of which were really good. We were actually travelling on the late ferry from Harwich International Port so were able to park up, get on the train to Harwich (every 30 minutes), have a stroll and enjoy this relaxed meal and still get a train back to the ferry well in time to check in. A memorable start to our holiday. Thank you!

Reviewed 23 June 2018

Beautiful people, friendly and polite. Personally i did not like the food as it was not arabic enough for me. I have a lot of experience of arabic food, I make it better myself. Cannot fault the service which made the time there fun. Found the food tasteless, as I simply love spices, which this lacked. unfortunately I would not go back again. However, I do think its worth a try for those who want to try something different.

Ibrahim K, Owner at Turkish Meze Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2018

Just a quick response to this, we feel that as we are a TURKISH restaurant, your review on our lack of Arabic flavours and spices is unjustified. We welcome your feedback and would love for you to come in and see us again. We welcome all feedback as this gives us the impetus to forge forward and provide a more pleasing customer experience.
Once again, please call in again and thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

Fab authentic Turkish food, great customer service. Just like being on holiday. Will definitely be returning.

Reviewed 3 June 2018

We fancied a light supper and were impressed with the flavours of the food and very friendly service.
The smoked salmon salad was fresh and had a very generous portion of salmon.
My lofted with tomato sauce was freshly prepared with a good flavour.
A nice afoot and good value and quality.

Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

I use this restaurant regularly and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a good meal, the prices are reasonable the staff are friendly, well manoured and prompt to deliver a fast and efficient service.