This place is a hidden treasure. food in main restaurant fantastic! local pub food and atmosphere really nice. the whole of old Harwich is like a time warp in a very enchanting way. we would recommend to go for a few nights if poss to recharge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We thank you for your feedback, however we do not respond to individual comments. Following on from a 1.5 million reinvestment over the last 5 months, The Pier at Harwich is once again open and set to become East Anglia's number one coastal destination for food and drink. The redefined brasserie is located on the first floor of the completely modernised 1860 listed building in historic Harwich. Experience all-day dining (all-year-round) and outdoor dining - whenever the sun shines - with a menu celebrating modern classics, an exciting grill menu and wonderful fresh fish and shellfish landed on The Pier's doorstep. Guests can select from a predominantly European wine list or enjoy Prosecco-based cocktails, craft beers and cask ales. The stripped back and raw textured interior, designed by Geraldine Milsom, makes reference to the industrious and hardworking Harwich port, but achieves a balance between function, luxury and glamour. The harbour wall is only 20 metres from the door and The Pier's newly extended first floor balcony (for drinks and outdoor dining) overlooks the water, ships and working docks. With estuary views from every table, The Pier, only a stone's throw from the confluence of the Stour and Orwell estuaries is a very special destination for lovers of great food and drink. NAVYÄRD on the ground floor is a continental bar and terrace adjacent to the working harbour, the ideal place for fun and relaxation. Cask ales, craft beers, a great drinks list, Prosecco-based cocktails and one of the most carefully sourced and extensive gin lists makes the NAVYÄRD 'the' go-to bar for The Pier's neighbours, friends and welcomed guests. The NAVYÄRD is undeniably and unashamedly a 'love letter to the continent' - celebrating and championing the influential and historic links that Harwich holds with Scandanavia and wider Europe. The wines, beers, ales, drinks list and a gin library have been sourced from across Europe and are complemented throughout the day by Nordic-inspired small-plated food. Great coffee, fresh pastries and the simplest tastiest late breakfasts (think eggs, rye bread and avocado) through to open Scandinavian sandwiches, sharing platters and fresh oysters. The 14 bedrooms are individually styled to match the seascape and take full advantage of the brilliant light that you only get when staying on the coast. Harwich enjoys glorious sunsets with molten coloured horizons and the setting sun on the Stour estuary is a special feature of staying at The Pier. All bedrooms are equipped with complimentary soft drink mini-bars, Aromatherapy Associates bathroom products, Sky In-Room and free Wi-Fi making The Pier an exceptional small hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Agoda and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Pier Hotel at Harwich reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pier At Harwich Hotel Harwich
- Pier Hotel Harwich
- The Pier Hotel Harwich
- The Pier Hotel At Harwich Essex