The Tower Hotel
US$85
Priceline
Priceline
  • Restaurant
No availability for your dates from our partners
The Orwell Hotel(Felixstowe)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbeautiful buildinghotel is lovelynew chefdining room issunday lunchspecial occasionportion sizean evening mealmashcooked to perfectionyogurtovernight stoplovely mealsalmonlovely stafffull english breakfastexcellent food
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Only stayed 1 night with my wife and son the night before our 11 nights cruise
Used the parking facilities only £3.50 per day, half the price of the cruise terminal
Very helpful and friendly staff very good evening meal, only have the light breakfast if you are going on a cruise, big well decorated comfortable rooms will stay longer next time we cruise from Harwich there are some beautiful small towns and villages in the area, if you are a Beatles fan you will love the Beatles memorabilia in the Bar, Beautiful Hall and staircase note no lift
Next time will have a sorter cruise and stay longer at the Tower Hotel.

Room Tip: Book early if using the Stay and Park facilities the big rooms are good for families
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Douglas R
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We stayed in the Tower Hotel in Harwich for one night in early August as we awaited our cruise ship the following day. We checked in at 8 pm and had already had dinner so can't really comment on the restaurant. The check-in was quick and friendly and we were shown to our room on the first floor. I'm glad it was the first floor because for just one night I didn't feel like dragging my baggage upstairs. The hotel is immaculate and beautifully ornate. The bar is called Rigbys and is a Beatles museum all on its own. Outside the bar is a lovely garden area where you can sit and enjoy some food or just relax and enjoy the beauty of the area. Our room was two twin beds and of course being a 6'4" American that enjoys sleeping with his wife this is not my preferred configuration but that is what is available in much of Europe. Typically I stay at Hilton properties so I get a nice king bed but now and then it is fun to stay in an old classic hotel full of gorgeous decor. If you are coming to Harwich for any length of time I heartily recommend the Tower Hotel for beautiful surroundings, very nice friendly staff and the breakfast was just what I would eat at home! All things considered a great experience and off to the cruise ship I go! One more mention...a big thank you to the kind Health and Safety Stevedore that gave us a ride from the train station to the hotel just as a kind gesture. Isn't that the best part about traveling...the people you meet along the way!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank VictoryVisionTim
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed just one night after flying in from Houston to board a cruise ship the next day. Desk staff was so helpful and had our room ready early as requested. That was so nice after the long flight and ride to Harwich. The restaurant is amazing. What friendly staff everywhere you go. Allowed a late check out and arranged a cab to the cruise terminal. The room was perfect. We stayed in Pattrick. Of we sail out of Harwich again, I'll be back!

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Jim S
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We just wanted a Saturday night away and to be honest The Tower wouldn't have been out first choice but our preferred option was fully booked. That turned out to be to our advantage as The Tower was a real gem.

Our room - the Patrick suite - was spacious, very clean and nicely decorated, with a wonderful bathroom. Lovely large and soft bed too. My only complaint is that the TV cannot be watched if you are in bed.

We decided to dine in and the restaurant was wonderful. The menu isn't vast and is a little basic but was very well cooked and incredibly reasonably priced so no complaints there at all.

Also worth mentioning is the Beatles-themed bar, very welcoming and again not pricy. We were lucky to have really great weather so sat in the lovely garden. It's a little close to the road so there is a bit of traffic noise but nothing too bad.

Check out time is 10:30 but I somehow got it in my head it was mid-day. Staff were extremely tolerant and courteous and made no fuss at all that I over-stayed by a couple of hours!

Location-wise, the hotel isn't perfect but that aside I can't recall having stayed in a hotel with such friendly staff and so incredibly reasonable price-wise. In fact I actually queried my bill because for a suite, dinner and 2 bottles of wine I felt sure they had under-charged me. They hadn't.

If you are staying in Harwich before or after a cruise, or just fancy a night away, then I cannot recommend The Tower highly enough.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mike J
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Stayed at the Tower Hotel after getting off ten day cruise, what a wonderful treat it was. I knew it was nice from the pics and the tripadvisor reviews but it blew us away. The garden area is just gorgeous, grand fountain, lovely pots of beautiful flowers everywhere, and planted along the one wall. Just a wonderful respite from being with 2100 cruisers for days. The interior is grand and well taken care of. Full of stained glass and wood. We got there very early and were given the Pepys (peeps) room which was small but just fine for one night, bath sparkling clean as well as the rest of the room. Each room has a story about the name. Mr. Pepys was a local poet. Food was excellent we took lunch in the Rigby bar which is filled with all manor of Beatle memorabilia and dinner in the gorgeous main dining room, you feel as if you are in the 1800's. Wonderful moldings and fireplaces. Drinks at the bar when it turned chilly outside. The staff is exceptional just fantastic, friendly and warm. My husband told them next time we should stay at the Tower for ten days instead of a cruise. Town has some interesting history and a lovely park just a short walk on the water. But me I never wanted to leave that garden.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple