“The best coffee shop in Dovercourt”

The White Coffee house
Ranked #1 of 1 Coffee & Tea in Harwich
Cuisines: Cafe
Description: The white coffee House, is a coffee shop with light lunches scrambled egg and smoked salmon on crumpets, Jacket Potato served with fresh prawn and Crayfish , or a choice of different fillings, our house Deep filled mature cheddar , bacon and red onion quiche, or just a simple sandwich served with crisps delicious cakes all hand made on the premises. We also cater for small party’s after 3 clock for our delicious cream Teas, please telephone or pop in to reserve your table.
Reviewed 30 August 2015

I don't like Starbucks or Costa, they're too, well, urban ... and that maybe partly explains why I like Harwich, which is, let's face it, a little old fashioned. It's escaped much of the awful development that has blighted other towns .. that has it's drawbacks, but it does mean that places such as The White Coffee House can be found there.

Off the train at Dovercourt and it is but a minute or so's walk to The White Coffee House, a couple of lattes and a shared tea cake provide the refreshment needed after the journey down from London. It is now a regular stopping off point of ours; the staff are helpful and friendly, the establishment clean, service good, and outside seating in spots that catch the late morning sunshine.

It doesn't do large meals, and is not licensed; as far as I know, it only opens through the day (no evening meals). I don't know (or care, I'm afraid) whether it has free wifi (I go to coffee shops for coffee, not to bury my head in a b computer). However, for a snack or light lunch it is our undoubted favourite place in Harwich, and I thoroughly recommend it.

Date of visit: August 2015
5  Thank Phil B

Reviewed 23 August 2015

The cakes are delicious ! Homemade, some of which are quite unusual, and generous portions. I couldn't finish my Lumpy Bumpy cake but was determined not to leave it and took the remainder home. The coffee was good too. Excellent value !
(The address is misleading as the coffee shop is actually in nearby Dovercourt.)

Date of visit: August 2015
3  Thank 164valj
Reviewed 30 June 2015

I meet up with a pal frequently at this coffee shop. Its cosy and the coffee is lovely. A pleasant place to be.

Date of visit: June 2015
7  Thank Tilly036
Reviewed 2 June 2015 via mobile

I visited this coffee shop while on holiday with my family. We couldnt fault this coffee shop. Its very clean and comfortable. The double front door and flat floor mean its easily accessible for pushchairs people whose mobility is impaired.

We had coffee, hot chocolate and cakes. The drinks were great quality in decent cups/mugs. The cakes were just heavenly and large, i couldnt finish my 'Lumpy Bumpy' cake. The cakes are of a superior quality and size to other coffee shops but at a very reasonable price.

The White House coffee shop also does a wide range of sandwiches and snacks.

The best coffee shop in England? Definitly gets my vote!!

Date of visit: June 2015
7  Thank Matthew H
Reviewed 9 April 2015

The cakes are huge and very tasty. Visited many times and never been disappointed. Usually we have a sandwich or a baguette type of lunch and always freshly made. Tasty!!!

Date of visit: March 2015