“few exceptions”

Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Forrest City
Marion, United States
“few exceptions”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

the service was very good , the breakfast was good, different from day to day however there was a mix up in getting handicapped rooms. The location was easy to get to right off interstate. we really enjoyed the pool and the rooms and bed was very comfortable

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Rowlett, Texas
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Hampton Inn has a certain reputation for being superior or at least in the top 1/3. I was really torn with my stay here. I did not like the room. It had a big crack or crease in the ceiling, it was small and the bathroom had this out of place, over sized marble vanity monstrosity that hogged bathroom space. This is not up to usual Hampton standards But I was impressed with available plug in computer access in the room as well as WiFi.. On the other hand this hotel had the best free breakfast I have ever had at a hotel that I can afford. There were two different kinds of eggs, sausage, potatoes, 3 kinds of peeled fresh fruit, waffles and a big pot of porridge. As a tea drinker I found many varieties and for coffee lovers there were 3 grades of coffee. Nice outdoor pool, also. I would definitely return to this hotel to see if I could get a better room to match the breakfast.

Room Tip: Get a physical layout of the different choices of rooms before picking the one for you
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel is very clean and nice! Looks like a newer hotel, staff are friendly! The beds are comfortable. Plenty of towels and washcloths. The breakfast was ok not great, kinda strange, disc eggs and disc sausage was a first, I've seen better breakfast but hey , it's free! I would stay here again if in the area, no complaints from me!

Stayed July 2014
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I used to travel alot more ten years ago and always stayed at Hampton or Double Tree. It is great to see that hte service has gotten better and is still a good value. I will be travelling alot again and will continue to go to Hampton.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo

Texas_reader
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I am surprised by the reviews that talk about how friendly the staff was. I had the opposite experience. When I went into the hotel, a very unfriendly young woman helped me at the front desk. I believe her name was Tori, but I am not sure. She never smiled, said welcome, or looked like she was even interested in her job. The manager came out at one point and she was equally unfriendly. She also did not smile or say hello. The next morning the manager walked past guests, looking at them, but never smiled or greeted anyone.

The downstairs lobby area, upstairs hallway, and the elevator were very hot and humid. I don't know if there was a problem with the air conditioner or if they always keep it like that. When I walked into the wing where my room was located, I could feel cool air in that hallway.

The decor was too motel-like for me and not as nice as the other Hampton Inns I have stayed at. The photos on TripAdvisor are good representations of the place. However, the hotel was very clean, there were lots of electrical plugs, they had cookies at night, and many choices for tea and coffee.

There are many Hampton Inns that are nicer than this location, so I won't be returning when I'm in the area. If you don't care about a hotel staff that frowns, you might like this location. The place was very clean and the bed very comfortable.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Texas_reader
Benton, Arkansas
Reviewed 14 July 2014

The staff was very accommodating in getting us moved from second floor to first due to my aunt who is ill. The hotel is clean, the parking lot is well lit and everything is very nice. Bed was comfortable, linens were nice and room was clean. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

Texas
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We stayed one night and were very happy with the service. The desk clerk was very pleasant, Parking is very convenient, There is a permanent set up for coffee and a very nice variety of teas in the lobby area. We checked in too late for cookies. Our room was spacious, and the bed was very comfortable. The criticisms are few: restricted water flow in the sink due to aerator, a very grainy picture on the television, and view from window was obstructed by a large juniper bush. My husband thought it was for privacy, but on checking out, we saw some windows that did not have hedges in front of them. Breakfast items were plentiful, and Patty, the breakfast attendant, never stopped for a minute--constantly replenishing things or cleaning tables. If in the area, we would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple