“DO NOT STAY HERE!”

Country Hearth Inn  Forrest City
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Forrest City
Country Hearth Inn Forrest City
Ranked #2 of 3 Forrest City B&B and Inns
Conway, Arkansas
“DO NOT STAY HERE!”
Reviewed 19 January 2012

Stayed here for two days and my experience was horrible. The first night my truck got ran into about ten o-clock, by the time I got out of bed and my clothes on they were gone. My truck was damaged so bad it had to be towed to a shop. I had to stay and get my job done or I yould have left. I will never stay here again, the place is a dump.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Brighton, Michigan
Reviewed 11 November 2011

Checked into a double at 8pm and was tired and went to sleep. Woke up to coffee ready to make but no coffee cups, not enough towels for two people and black mold on the bottom of the shower curtain (see photo). Obviously we did not shower. We mentioned the issue to the counter help, wanted to speak to a manager - he wasn't there and I left my phone number - he hasn't called me yet. Counter could not provide me with a check out receipt because she did not have computer access. This is an absolute dump and should be reported to the health dept! Counter help recommended the Mexican restaurant at the Days Inn - that food sucked too!

Room Tip: Whatever you do, avoid this dump. Picture of the shower curtain below
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Forrest City hotels

Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed 11 September 2011

I have never stayed in a hotel as bad as this one. The firt room we were given had not been cleaned and it was 8pm!! The second room was not clean either but at least the bed was made. The room smelt of cigarette smoke and looked as though all they did after the last guests was change the sheets (maybe) The pillows and pillow cases were filthy, the surfaces were sticky, dirty fridge, no glass plate in the microwave, only 1 towel and a bath mat. There were cars coming and going all night - we decided that this was the base of the towns "ladies of the night"and that was why weren't given a room on the ground floor. We skipped the hot breakfast. The only thing going for this place was the good wifi. Room rate was $68 inc. tax

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Arkansas
Reviewed 10 June 2011

Do not know why the hotels in Forrest City are so high because it's definitely not a tourist stop. Since I was on business but not reimbursed, I thought this would be one of the lowest priced decent hotels - wrong. The hair dryer nor the coffee machine worked; but it did have a small fridge and microwave that did. I was a little worried about bed bugs; but thankful for no bites;. I don't really think I can justify staying there again - would rather just make the 180 miles roundtrip daily.

Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 28 March 2011

Checked-in and Tammy was friendly (the only positive that I had). Before going to room, requested to change to another room so my car was close by (they put me on the south side with no parking). Manager/owner was not accommodating and down right rude. Room smelled old and funky. TV had terrible reception. Only a flatsheet on a 5 inch mattress with a comforter that I wasn't comfortable with. Called frontdesk and no one answered. Blow dryer was detatched from wall and put on top of shelf. Tried to sleep on the mattress without the comforter but that was the least of my worries because I was getting repeatedly bitten (bed bugs). Then got call at 6am and no one was on the phone. I was in the middle of a 16 hour drive and was very tired the next morning and wanted to take a hot shower. Hot water faucet in bathtub did not work and tile was missing in on walls. Had to use the ice bucket to take hot water from the sink to fill bath tub. Even the ice bucket had to be cleaned because of the organic film on the bottom. STAY AWAY FROM THIS FLEA PIT. Wasn't worth the 45 dollars I paid. I would have gladly paid 100 for clean room. I've learned my lesson.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 28 March 2011

The lady at the front was rude and was yelling at someone on her cellphone when I came in to check in. When I got the the room, the sheets were not clean and had obviously been slept in several times without being washed. The floor was covered in dirt, food crumbs, lint and dead bugs. The sink leaked, and when I asked for extra towels the lady at the front gave me used ones she got from another room. The shower and the bathroom floor were covered in black dirt and mold. I refused to walk on the floor without sandels on and I used my own bedding from my car instead of the bed cover provided. I couldn't sleep well that night because I kept dreaming of giant bed bugs eating me. The only reason I stayed was because I stopped really late that night and it was the only hotel available. When I checked out the next day I told the lady at the front about how filthy the place was and she told me they were having trouble with their housekeeping service and they would give me a deal the next time I stayed at their hotel. I don't plan to ever stay there again. I have stayed in low budget hotels before and generally they have worn out shabby furniture and fixtures, but they have always been clean.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 February 2011

When I booked the hotel I had to call because the web site wasn't working. I couldn't even see the rates on the site. (Our bill was $46 btw, not the $56 i was quoted on the phone). Once we arrived the only reason we didn't leave when we first got there was because I couldn't find another pet friendly hotel and we were traveling with our dog. The girl at the front desk was very nice but accidentally put us in a smoking room when I requested a non-smoking. No big deal she changed our room but it was a small annoyance since it took so long to get the room in the first place (I guess the computer wasn't working right). The room itself was pretty iffy. The hand towels, washcloths and pillows were all yellow and or spotty the the point that I wasn't sure they were clean and the single sheet on the bed had definitely been layed in and put back on the bed unwashed. The only blanket was the comforter. Yuck! I took one look at the bathroom and decided to skip a shower that night even after being on the road all day- when my husband got out I was glad I had since he said scalding was the only water temperature available (this coming from a guy who normally takes very hot showers). One plus: I haven't actually seen any cockroaches. Unless you're traveling with a pet skip this one- its not worth the headache after a long day on the road.

• Stayed February 2011