“beer”

Ranked #1 of 35 Restaurants in Dursley
Price range: US$7 - US$17
Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: 'The Old Spot Inn' is a traditional real ale pub located in Dursley on the gorgeous Cotswold Way. We like to think of it as a 365 day beer festival here with our 7 real ale pubs frequently changing, as well as the 3 still ciders we also have on offer. Hearty freshly made food is available 12pm-3pm Monday to Saturday and Sunday Lunch from 12pm-4pm. We can cater for small or larger groups for buffets, dining or drinks party for any occasion, by arrangement. We have a lovely enclosed garden where you can enjoy lunch or simply relax with a drink. Covered and heated patio area for the occasional showers we have. We are also dog friendly.
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is a great Real Ale Pub many rewards form CAMRA, it's on the cotswold way, nice open fire to warm you on a cold winter's day food is only served till 2.30 pm

Ellie S, Owner at Old Spot Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear Sringdawn, It is always appreciated when reviewers take the time to post a review and thank you for your 5 rating! The Old Spot has been at the forefront of the real ale scene in Gloucestershire and the South West for many years now and we continue to offer interesting beers from micro and regional brewers. At the moment our food service times are 12.00 midday to 3pm with Supper on Monday Evening 7 - 9.30pm. We look forward to your next visit and hope that you continue to enjoy great beers, great food in the relaxed atmosphere of a country pub in the town. Cheers!!

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Its nice to see a Pub still managing to servive on Beer. They have a fantastic collection and the staff are knowledgable on similar beers, but you can always sample. Food is only served at specific times not in the evenings, unfortunately.

1  Thank ken_shaw
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I immediately felt that friendly locals atmosphere which was combined with very warm welcomes to newcomers. The inside was very nicely decorated and the beer garden was very pleasant.

The dark haired bar lady/waitress seemed very friendly and happy to help and when my pie came i was given more than i had expected. A huge, perfectly cooked hot steak and ale pie, fresh steamed vegetables how i like them and a side of cream cheese potatoes. All of this was only £10.50. Usually a dish like this, where i'm from, would be about £14. The other two people i was with had huge sandwiches. I tried the coronation chicken sandwich after letting my meal rest for a while and was very impressed by the size of the chicken breast chunks they serve. Again, a huge sandwich with wedges came to £6.50. More than reasonable.

I tried two of their ales and both were beautiful pale ales. Clearly their staff take good care of their ale casks and lines. The ale was very clear.

Again, at the end of the meal, the bar lady cleared our table and seemed very comfortable with us as if we had been going there for years. This is my idea of perfect service.

1  Thank Luke T
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I'm not really a fan of pubs at the best of times, but the Old Spot has a proper rustic charm and old-school pub atmosphere.

Excellent selection of real ales, great food and the only pub I'll ever go to out of choice!

Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

Return visit after many years. Very friendly staff. Great beers and varied menu. Fish with pesto is excellent. Chicken and ham pie looks delicious and is packed full with very creamy sauce and meat.

Matt W, General Manager at Old Spot Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear Alison B

Thankyou for taking the time to review The Old Spot.

I am very pleased that you found your way back to The Spot after such a lengthy absence and I am especially pleased that you enjoyed visit.

I was fortunate enough myself to sample one of the Chicken and Ham Pies before they all sold out and I can confirm that it was every bit as delicious as it looked!

We are very fortunate to have an excellent Chef here in Pat who's Specials Board, including the Pesto-crusted fish you enjoyed, changes daily and is guaranteed to delight!

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Spot in the future.

Many thanks once again,