“Transported to Espana!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Old Spot Inn
Ranked #1 of 34 Restaurants in Dursley
Price range: US$9 - US$17
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Groups, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff
Description: 'The Old Spot Inn' is a traditional real ale pub located in Dursley on the gorgeous Cotswold Way. We like to think of it as a 365 day beer festival here with our 7 real ale pubs frequently changing, as well as the 3 still ciders we also have on offer. Hearty freshly made on site food is available 12pm-3pm Monday to Saturday and Roast Dinners from 12pm-4pm on Sundays.
Portishead, United Kingdom
“Transported to Espana!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2014

Cam here with a friend 12 noon Sat. I had chicken and chorizo..3 large chicken thighs in a tomato and chorizo stew with white beans, broccoli and scalloped potatoes. One of the most filling and tasty meals I have had in a very long time and excellent value. My friend had the old spot soz and mash...he was impressed with it , as well as the trouble taken by the staff to ensure he did not have onions in his gravy!
Only downside was the 50 minute minute wait, but recognise there was a party of 4 in just before us. I did consider knocking a star off, but the food was so good, I left it intact !
I got the impression everything is coolked to order with out any of the dreaded microwavable 'pings' from the kitchen.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank pbmusician
Ellie S, Owner at Old Spot Inn, responded to this review, 24 September 2014
Congratulations on being our 100th reviewer and we are so pleased you enjoyed your visit to the Spot! We appreciate the time taken to post a review for us and your feedback is great for helping us deliver a great experience for everyone, everytime. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in "Durzle"!. Cheers!

Dursley, United Kingdom
“Top Notch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

Just had an amazing Sunday lunch at the best pub in the world. I haven't felt this full in ages and the wife reports the same. The dessert was stunning. I had lemon posset which I can't really describe but was sort of a cold lemon custard. As ever the service was outstanding - great to see Ellie the boss mucking in with the team who are brilliant.

• Visited August 2014
3 Thank Andy M
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great real ale pub”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

Fantastic place for a pint. They let dogs in and have a great selection of real ales. I believe they also do good food but I didn't eat there. A good place to visit!

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Jimwhite78
Dursley, United Kingdom
“Always good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

Always great beers on offer. Menu limited but the homemade burger is always good, as is the ploughman's. Took my ageing parents recently who enjoyed the ale and the garden immensely.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Kate B
“dog friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

We found the spot inn from a book of dog friendly pubs and it was exactly that very welcoming with a excellent beer garden we both had doorstep sandwiches which were huge and excellent value staff very friendly they even gave the dog a biscuit

• Visited July 2014