“Poor service” 3 of 5 bubbles

The George Inn
Ranked #18 of 34 Restaurants in Dursley
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Cheap Eats, Groups, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Poor service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

Staff need training they haven't got a clue how to interact with customers. Food is good but the young staff are just that ...young and inexperienced in my opinion.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Stroud, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good Value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

Good Value & Good food we had polite staff and hot food without a long wait! We all had the Scampi and Chips which was just right.
It was great to catch up and felt quite at home there could have stayed longer.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank EvaT T
Sunderland
“Good Home Cooked Food at Excellent Value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

We called in here on a Thursday lunchtime and my husband ordered the mixed grill and my daughter ordered the fish and chips. I ordered the sizzling steak with the peppercorn sauce. I had gone to the bar to get my daughter another coke and when I came back I nearly fell over at the size of the plates. I have never seen fish so big!! The staff were very friendly and helpful. My steak was so juicy and tender and my husband's mixed grill was massive - even without some of the items advertised on the menu (as he had asked them to leave these off his plate). I would recommend this pub to all my friends and family - you couldn't fault the food, the drinks or the staff. Definitely worth another visit.

1 Thank NolineSunderland
Gloucester, United Kingdom
“Our Local!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

Myself and my partner have been living in Cam for just over a year and have walked to this place a few times for drinks, they have a few nice ciders and a good selection of beer. There is a large outside seating area which is where we usually sit with our dog.

We ate there for the first time a couple of days ago and enjoyed it. We choose from the bar menu as we hadnt booked a table and the restaurant was full. The bar menu is limited but what we expected. The food is your average pub fare, a huge plateful and served very quickly. The service was good and we found staff engaging and friendly. It was averagely priced, possibly a little marked up due to mostly having a captive audience from the adjoining caravan site.

We will continue to go to the George for a drink now and again and possibly eat there if we manage too be organised and book a table in the restaurant to sample from the full menu.

Bridport, United Kingdom
“Excellent meal and polite staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

We went here today to celebrate a 70th birthday and were not disappointed. The staff were extremely helpful and knowledgeable. We had pre-booked a table and were in the light and airy end behind the bar area. The menu was extensive and varied. The portions were generous. The children's menu was also quite varied and we were able to add extras with no fuss. I had the vegetable fajitas which had more than enough filling and sauces. The battered cod was a foot long with thin crisp batter. There were clean plates all around the table! I wouldn't hesitate in recommending this place to eat.

1 Thank Harminfra