“Popular but not exciting”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Britannia Inn

Britannia Inn
Ranked #3 of 27 Restaurants in Nailsworth
Price range: US$6 - US$32
Cuisines: Bar, Pizza, British, Pub
Good for: Groups, Cheap Eats, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Warm bar and dinning, friendly staff, relax and comforting!!
Stroud, United Kingdom
“Popular but not exciting”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

A pub asking restaurant prices, the tables are close to the bar which can be noisy. Food is average. Not a great experience.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank BJohnC

London
“Bad Burger”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

I visited last week with a friend and had the worst pub burger I've ever had (I had one bite) Nothing to do with cooking skills, rather a proprietor satisfied to serve cheap meat.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Kevinjhann
Cambridge, UK
“Excellent food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Went here for dinner a couple of nights ago. The food is superb. I had an absolutely delicious goats cheese and walnut salad (and it's not often I get that excited about salad, but I devoured this one!). Husband had the seafood linguine which he said was delicious also.

They didn't have a separate children's menu, so we just ordered an adult pizza and chips to share between the kids. They did say afterwards that they can do child portions of food which I didn't realise.

It was a shame we had to wait so long for our bill at the end (especially when you have children that are getting restless!) so the service was a little slow. But that could just be a one off and we would definitely come back here if we are in the area again. The food really was delicious.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Incambs
“Food great, service poor”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

We visited The Brittania on a lovely Bank Holiday Sunday. We decided to have a late lunch & the pub was quite quiet at the time with plenty of empty tables and several waiting staff.
We both had the roast beef which was simply delicious and my other half had his cooked slightly more to his liking. All the vegetables were beautifully cooked and I particularly lived the red cabbage.
Puddings were an over priced for what we got and rather disappointing compared with the main meal. I've never seen panna cotta served as a slice from a slab before!
I also had a proper Pimms made with fresh fruit and mint.
Service, however, was really pretty poor in that it was slow and we felt like we were being encouraged to keep going up to the bar to order. I like a restaurant where you are given plenty if time to make up your mind but this was ridiculous, even though there were around 4 members of staff around in a nearly empty pub. When I eventually have up and went to find someone to pay some of this became clear from the advert behind the bar looking for experience bar staff. Much needed I would say as front of house was letting down the back of house.

2 Thank Worcester_Sarah
London, United Kingdom
“Delicious food, friendly staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Evening meal with the family. Staff happy to accommodate our 9yo's dairy allergy with a cheese free pizza and checked with the kitchen to be sure. Friendly staff, would definitely come again. Free parking just around the back.

Visited May 2014