“Lovely Meal”

Price range: US$1 - US$73
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Wild Garlic has held Two AA rosettes since opening and is a family run, family friendly, bistro style restaurant. Above Wild Garlic there are five lovely bedrooms, each boasting four AA gold stars. Set in the heart of the Cotswold town of Nailsworth on Cossack square with a sunny terraced dining area to the front. Chef Patron Matthew Beardshall works closely with Head Chef Joe Francis to produce delicious seasonally inspired menus showcasing the wonderful, seasonal produce from the surrounding Five Valleys. Restaurant Manager Henry Bannister prepares delicious classic and contemporary cocktails and the wine list is full of small artisan produced wines. Looking for something a bit 'Wilder'? Try our sister restaurant just over the road on Market Street - 'Wilder' is where Chef Patron Matthew Beardshall serves an eight course tasting menu, four nights a week (Wed - Thurs), perfect for special occasions and those looking for a full on foodie experience.
Reviewed 24 April 2014

We had the 6 course taster menu, also with a voucher. We thoroughly enjoyed all the courses. The food was beautifully present, with a full explanation of all the ingredients. The service was impeccable, maybe because it was lunch time and very quiet. We would certainly go again, especially with a voucher, a bit pricy otherwise.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

The first time I visited the Wild Garlic I must admit I found it rather pretentious - but was tempted back by their six-course taster menu. Happily, this second experience did not disappoint in any way. The flavours of the food were exquisite and each dish was beautifully presented. I also went with the recommended wines with the taster menu that added considerably to the dining experience. The wines were delicious and broadened my repertoire of tasty-wines-to-try-again. The service and the ambience matched the quality of the food and wine. The Wild Garlic isn't cheap but for such a feast of sensual pleasures, you get what you pay for!

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Perfectly cooked food, presented attractively with clever touches. We dined from the a la carte menu which has just four choices for each course but choosing was still hard. Unlike many of the reviewers, we didn't consider the wait for food to arrive to be long but were surprised how long we were left we with the main and dessert menus to choose.

Almost everyone else in the room seemed to be enjoying the taster menu and seeing their food go past, we wondered if we had chosen correctly - maybe next time?

Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

Had the 6 course taster menu was really looking forward to it as had been told it was amazing and I have to report it was all pretty dull! There was no course that stood out, the ingredients were pretty standard and it all seemed very unimaginative. There were very pretentious names for extremely dull courses, we were definitely not blown away. We had the travelzoo voucher so was essentially half price however I think it wasn't worth the full price. I would try it again on a voucher as I have heard it is amazing but I would hesitate to pay full price. Nice atmosphere and the service was friendly but could of been a bit more attentive.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

I went here for my birthday, we went on a Sunday as it meant we could get the bus :-) and everyone could partake in wine. It was fab, everything was delicious but the food took a long time to come. Luckily we were busy chatting so weren't to bothered and it certainly didn't spoil the day.