“Good Breakfast”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 7 May 2014

On the spur of the moment we decided on breakfast although at 13:45 it really was brunch!

The food was all lovely, well prepared and looked good on the plate and tasted good, the flat white didn't need sugar always a sign of good coffee in my book.

Somehow though something was lacking, maybe the atmosphere and dearth customers had something to do with it, I'm not sure.

Really I'd like to give 3 1/2 stars but aren't able so a generous four stars it is!

Reviewed 23 April 2014

We came across this place when visiting Nailsworth and thought it looked interesting. The reviews were encouraging so we booked. We came mid week so it was quiet but service was good and timely. We ate 3 courses and shared a perfectly decent bottle of their cheapest wine which came to £82 without coffee. Given the standard of the cooking and presentation we felt that was good value.

Hard to criticise the food except maybe the sourdough roll had an over hard crust. Everything else was excellent so we will return for sure.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

We went for a family Sunday lunch to Mark@Strret having heard lots about this restaurant. We had a superb meal with excellent service. The menu gave enough choice without being overwhelming. Between us we sampled much of the menu and on one was disappointed. The wine choice was excellent. The puddings were all superb and the cheese in particular was excellent value. Nailsworth is fortunate to have a range of very good restaurant and Mark@street comes out in top position.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

We went for a combined family birthday, 3 birthdays in one month! The food was top notch, well flavoured, beautifully presented and good portion sizes. The food was not too rich so I could just about squeeze all courses in which meant I could enjoy my pudding! The only downside was the lack of atmosphere within the restaurant. I know it is subjective and I could not place exactly what was missing, it just felt a little sterile, but the food is well worth going for. No it's not cheap but I don't want cheap food, I want good food and don't mind paying for it.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Myself and My Partner visited here for lunch and we were not disappointed. I had heard excellent things about this place and it lived u to our expectations and better, fantastic staff, Mark was great and catered to our needs being a nut allergy sufferer it's not always easy to eat out. The wine was fantastic and the quality and presentation of the food was second to none! Only one word OUTSTANDING! We had a 3 course lunch and asked Mark to cook what he thought we would fancy instead of sticking to the menu. Every single course was excellent could not fault anything! Fran was great and very friendly and was very knowledgable of everything including the wine! Myself and my partner are getting married next year and have now asked mark if he would do the catering for our wedding as we were very impressed with the presentation and the high standard of the food. I would recommend mark@street to anyone it's as good as any Michelin star restaurant I've been to.

We look forward to returning very soon!