“Impeccable food matched by superb service”
Review of mark@street - CLOSED

mark@street
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 7 May 2014

A friendly welcome from the waitress and the classy decor put us straight at ease. Sometimes you just know this is going to be good.
Melt-in-the-mouth is one of the most over-used expressions by reviewers but that’s the only way to describe the food. This Chef knows what he's doing and he takes it seriously – you are in very capable hands here.
Wild Rabbit and Scallops followed a splendid amuse-bouche; the scallops were very fine indeed but I think the rabbit slightly had the edge in flavour. Followed by a quite superb dish of spring lamb and a dish of cod that just shouted quality.
At just under £90 for three courses and a bottle of wine, in my opinion, this represented quite a fantastic meal.

Two words – try it.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

On the spur of the moment we decided on breakfast although at 13:45 it really was brunch!

The food was all lovely, well prepared and looked good on the plate and tasted good, the flat white didn't need sugar always a sign of good coffee in my book.

Somehow though something was lacking, maybe the atmosphere and dearth customers had something to do with it, I'm not sure.

Really I'd like to give 3 1/2 stars but aren't able so a generous four stars it is!

Reviewed 23 April 2014

We came across this place when visiting Nailsworth and thought it looked interesting. The reviews were encouraging so we booked. We came mid week so it was quiet but service was good and timely. We ate 3 courses and shared a perfectly decent bottle of their cheapest wine which came to £82 without coffee. Given the standard of the cooking and presentation we felt that was good value.

Hard to criticise the food except maybe the sourdough roll had an over hard crust. Everything else was excellent so we will return for sure.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

We went for a family Sunday lunch to Mark@Strret having heard lots about this restaurant. We had a superb meal with excellent service. The menu gave enough choice without being overwhelming. Between us we sampled much of the menu and on one was disappointed. The wine choice was excellent. The puddings were all superb and the cheese in particular was excellent value. Nailsworth is fortunate to have a range of very good restaurant and Mark@street comes out in top position.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

We went for a combined family birthday, 3 birthdays in one month! The food was top notch, well flavoured, beautifully presented and good portion sizes. The food was not too rich so I could just about squeeze all courses in which meant I could enjoy my pudding! The only downside was the lack of atmosphere within the restaurant. I know it is subjective and I could not place exactly what was missing, it just felt a little sterile, but the food is well worth going for. No it's not cheap but I don't want cheap food, I want good food and don't mind paying for it.