“10/10 at Marks”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Food delightful and beautifully presented. Staff very helpful and eager to be of service. Great choice of wines. Definitely a great find.

1  Thank Maryann T

Reviewed 16 July 2014

I poped in for lunch today for a quick lunch on my own, I ordered the fish which came with potatoes and baby spinach - perfect. To finish an Amalfi lemon posset, if you love lemon posset and Amalfi lemons you'll understand why I wanted to order another half dozen. I was recommended an italian white and it matched the fish superbly. Been here before, been in today and will be there again!

1  Thank MrHulotetlesKiwi
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Just had delicious lunch at mark@street. Best pork belly ever and fabulous service. Probably the nicest loo in town also

1  Thank p_boo1
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Went there on a Wednesday night for our fourth time. The restaurant was running a celebration menu for their 3rd anniversary. I was initially worried because this menu only gave three choices of starter and three mains. Normally the A la Carte has more options. I have to say though that the food was exceptional as ever. The chicken terrine starter was full of surprises such as a wafer of crispy chicken skin and the most outstanding chicken liver quenelle. Probably the best starter I have had anywhere. Main courses were just as good. The sharing desert was superb, particularly the chocolate fondant - again probably the best I've had.
We also opted for cheese to follow. The dairy that produces the cheeses is only a couple of miles away and their produce is as good as you can taste anywhere.
Lovely wine and great coffee too.
If this restaurant was in Cheltenham or London it would be packed all the time. I keep spreading the word and it seems to be getting a serious following now.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Contemporary menu with a light touch; delicious combinations of foods, beautifully presented. Great wines available. Low key but professional staff. A real find and to be recommended for anyone looking for seriously good food. We were a party of 14; the unanimous verdict: WOW!