“We love the Wild Garlic!”

Wild Garlic Restaurant & Rooms
Ranked #1 of 3 Nailsworth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Friendly staff, good food, tasteful rooms - what more do you want? Set in a quaint cotswold village with a winding panoramic road giving stunning chocolate box views, this is the perfect place for a relaxing break.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Wild Garlic Restaurant & Rooms

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I stumbled across Wild Garlic by pure chance. I was travelling through Nailworth with work and decided to try and stop for the night. The local Premier Inn wanted a silly amount of money for a room so I decided to find somewhere local and I'm so pleased I did. My room was beautiful with lots of thoughtful touches. I also ate in the restaurant and was delighted to find out they were serving tapas. The team were great, travelling alone for work can be pretty lonely, so having talkative and attentive staff was a real treat. They set me up in a quiet corner of the restaurant and made sure I was fed and watered. I cant recommend the restaurant and rooms enough.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank GeorgieC1986
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Wow what a fab girlie evening, we decided to try out the tapas!!!!! Totally yummy and amazing value for money, I would highly recommend the delicious cocktails too! The tapas just get coming and was all so tasty. Well done Matt and team, it's really it great! Nails worth has been needing something like this for a while. Please can you do sushi next?!?!!!

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Really tasty food made from high quality ingredients, we totally enjoyed our food, this is one of the nicest meals I have had out for quite some time. I would recommend this to anyone, we had the 3 course lunch.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2014

It was my fault for opting for the silly fad of a meal consisting of a series of small tastes rather than going for a decent meal. With a voucher the meal was value for money but at the full price it certainly wasn't. The food was tasty and well presented. The service was pleasant if slow, though, at the end, the waitress asked if we wanted our change - never had that before!!!

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Appealing from outside, very inviting decor inside a lot of thought has gone into layout and fittings.
We did not have a starter, menu was different and reasonable choice of main courses. We felt portions were rather small and side salad was just a heap of leaves, but main course was tasty and well cooked and presented.
Not a great deal of sweet choice and at £6-95 for most a bit expensive at lunch time.
With one wine and one soft drink two main courses and one sweet, even with a voucher we still spent £30 and I thought that was more than enough for lunch time.
It did not suit us but if you see a voucher give it a try I am sure lots of diners will be delighted; allow time for parking though.

2  Thank Mr Stephen P
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Came to Wild Garlic having purchased dinner of a tasting menu, a drink on arrival and an evenings stay with breakfast.
The room was lovely, a large picture window overlooking the road - with 2 comfortable chairs to sit in made people watching a pleasure.
The room is very well appointed, with an extremely comfortable bed. You have 2 dressing gowns to make use of. A nice bathroom. A kettle with tea and coffee making facilities including a caffetiere should you want it (although ours was missing the wire mesh inside - however, I feel certain that had we have mentioned this it would have been changed.
We found the restaurant lovely, we had part of a drink in the anti room, and were then shown to our table.
Beautiful crusty bread (home made) was delivered with oil and almost a light pesto dressing to dunk the bread into. I have a yeast allergy so wasn't able to eat it, but could absolutely appreciate it was lovely.
We were then given various small courses - of which one was a delightful piece of duck in a beetroot sauce. Followed by ceviche of fish, this I was unable to enjoy as it was not my thing - however, my husband enjoyed his and mine. We then had oriental noodles - these were served cold which I did think strange. They were topped with a square of tender succulent belly pork which you then topped with a hot gravy - this was delightful. The next course was tiny flecks of curd cheese distributed among crispy ciabatta with drizzles of sauces - nice. We then were given a shot glass with either ice cream or frozen yoghurt (unsure), the waitress then topped it with fizzy cream soda which you ate with a tea spoon - tasty. Finally we were given a dessert to share - this consisted of their take on liquorice allsorts - quite inventive. One was a dome of crème brulee topped with air dried strawberries, another was ice cream with home made sorbet to emulate one of allsorts in the box. The central piece was creamy in the centre with a gelatine like covering of aniseed - this was ok but I do think the aniseed flavour was lost. The dessert certainly looked a picture and was very pleasant.
The staff want you to enjoy yourselves at Wild Garlic and if there's something you want you only have to ask.
Nailsworth is a good location to do the touristy thing. and the next day we took a trip to Slimbridge the bird sanctuary.

Room Tip: There are just 3 rooms with separate access to the restaurant. I would imagine all 3 rooms are good
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nailsworth
Egypt Mill Hotel & Restaurant
The Hare and Hounds Hotel
The Close Hotel
The Close Hotel
#1 of 6 in Tetbury

Been to Wild Garlic Restaurant & Rooms? Share your experiences!