“Best Indian takeaway in the region”
Review of The Balti

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Have ordered dozens of takeaways from these guys, and not once have they disappointed. I prefer the Korma, full of flavour and tons of large chicken pieces. My wife is vegetarian and they have a totally separate menu covering this. Wide range of dishes, and all tastes and levels of spice are covered.
Highly recommended.

Reviewed 8 June 2013

I decided to treat the family to a takeaway meal for the last day of our holiday. I'm a korma man and love the flavours that make a korma. However the korma I ordered had absolutely no flavour at all, it tasted like it had been reheated or pinged in a microwave. The other meals were bland and tasteless.

The food was expensive and I had to wait about half an hour for the food so in terms of service that was pretty standard.

I rarely complain about food but if I had eaten this in the restaurant I would have sent it back and left, it was that poor.

I'm not sure what the other Indian takeaway is like in Nailsworth but it can't be worse than this one.

Very disappointed customer.

Reviewed 7 June 2013

We have been visiting this restaurant/takeawy for several years now and it keeps getting better. It is tucked away in the corner of the carpark opposite Morrisons supermarket and is well worth seeking out. The owners are from Bangladesh and the food is delicious. Last time we enjoyed a selection of vegetarian dishes, each one totally different and far better than anything we experienced on a recent trip to India. The staff are friendly, they serve Kingfisher beer and the excellent house wine comes from Boisset. Their prices are very reasonable, we cannot recommend this little restaurant too highly.